Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which headers for LS in 93 F-body

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which headers for LS in 93 F-body

I noticed Edelbrock makes two long tube headers for LS1 f-bodies, 98-99 and 00-02. Obviously there is a difference, or they would not make two different part #s. Which ones will fit a 93 with an LS2? I don't want to spend $1000 for a set of headers, so this is why I ask about the Edelbrocks.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

the diffrences between the two styles has to do with where the emissions fittings are.
to be honest with you, i wouldn't waste money on edelbrock headers. shorty and mid-length headers don't do much for an LSx engine. long tubes are the right answer.
if budget is an issue, grab a set of pacesetters. they are about the cheapest pipes you can get and they generally fit ok. just remember, you get the quality and performance you pay for, a $1300 header and y-pipe from american racing headers will make a bunch more power.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

I planned on using the Edelbrock long tubes, not shorties or mids, but thanks for the reply. I will have more power than I can use anyway, so the headers will not be a problem for killing a little power. I am not going to use a y-pipe or stock type exhaust anyway, so that won't take away any power either.