Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 into chevy2 with corvette suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ls1 into chevy2 with corvette suspension

Does anyone have any experience with the clip the guy builds that uses the c4 suspension for chevy2's.I remember a thread sometime that someone said they bought one and it was junk.Just wondering what the problem with it was?Looks like it would be a cool setup if it works well.I think it is called a jimease clip.Anyone have any info or expereince with one?
Old 01-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wayne Due was making one but closed up shop last year.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

I've been looking at all the aftermarket clips for chevy 2 trying to decide which one to use and just want to look at all options.The one from checkerd racing looks like a good setup,pretty reasonably priced also.Anyone have any opinion which is best and why?I've read the threads and know the headars are a problem on chevy 2's,is the best solution to build your own or does someone build some sutible headers that work with the ls1.I would like to mount my engine as far back as possible if that matters on header selection.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

I have a TCI front clip and like it alot. I ordered it with the frame mounts loose so I could put them where I wanted. Headers are a different story I read here somewhere that someone is making then for a TCI clip but they are about a grand or so. I am using Hooker shorties for now.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Regular

Any one else have any input on this?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

The knock I hear about most of the kits (TCI, Alston etc) is that the down bars don't always line up properly. With the checkered kit I see that you weld up the down bars, which would eliminate that issue. Of course if your not someone with access to those facilities then its a problem.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mufflerguy
The knock I hear about most of the kits (TCI, Alston etc) is that the down bars don't always line up properly. With the checkered kit I see that you weld up the down bars, which would eliminate that issue. Of course if your not someone with access to those facilities then its a problem.
You are correct about the "down bars". Mine do not line up but not off very far however. I did an X-measurement to make sure the clip was square to the body. I will need to weld in a small section of pipe to make everything happy. No two of these old cars are alike and mine has been beating around on the street for over 40 years.
D.J.

Last edited by OneQuickCoupe; 01-20-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

I know some of you guys have probably looked at every possible header option for chevy 2's with ls1's.Does anyone know of any headers that work beside block huggers?A stock front end is one thing but it dosen't look like it would be that hard with after market clip and rack and pinion steering to have a good set of headers.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

SUPERBOOST, You may want to check this Thread out.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...256&highlight=

D.J.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My buddy/body guy had the one I think you are talking about on his car. Here are some threads.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=5180

http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20596

Art Morrison(sp) said on lateral-g.org/pro-touring.com that they were looking at doing a c5 nova clip. I would wait for that if you can. The jimmeasechassic sub was ok at best and the company was a joke to deal with. If you have any ?'s on my buddies sub shoot me a PM.

Jason
Old 01-20-2008, 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the good info guys,I knew there had to be someone out there with info on this as popular as the deuce has become.This would have to be one of the greatest packages ever.Chevy II's work great anyway but put a better lighter front end and a better lighter motor(ls1) should be around 2700lbs easily,maybe even less.Keep the info and links coming,I appreciate the info.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

The title of my 64 Post Nova says it had a 2660 ship weight. Don't know how close that is to real weight??? That's with a six and powerglide. No other options. If I can keep it around 3K then I'll be happy. If you set down and look at these old cars they really are a great for straight line racing. Not much of the car is forward of the front spindles and lots of overhang behind the rear axle. I'm installing an LSX block in my car so it will be somewhat heavy over the nose vs an aluminum block. With the new front clip and the light weight stuff I'm using in the front end it should cancel that additional weight out. At least that's the plan. I'm not building it for race only but for a weekend type car.

D.J.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

The l79 chevvII's were often the fastest cars in town back in thier day.They would outrun almost any thing with a little tweaking.I've seen them outrun many big blocks,they would usually put about two car lengths on big blocks out of the hole,the big block driver would panic and it was over! With the superior h.p. of an ls1(cam and good heads close to 500 h.p.)lighter weight of the ls1,toss in even lighter after mk.front clip,aluminum radiator,they should be awsome even without much tire.

Quick Reply: ls1 into chevy2 with corvette suspension