Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 tacoma -04gto ls1

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 tacoma -04gto ls1

well I am in the middle of my build of a 96 tacoma that I put a 04 gto ls1 into.I have a few ? .I want to use the stock red face gto gagues .I have the engine harness and ecm,pim,and a throtle controler (but this motor isnt drive by wire) .has anyone got experience wiring in the gauges ?also I need to remove the vats do I need to buy a programer ?
Old 01-20-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

If you do not have the correct harness for the 04 you are already in trouble everything about the 05 up as far as the pcm and even the engine harness is different. Since you are saying the harness has ETC I am assuming it is from an 05 up goat. Need to clarify this before anybody here can help you. As far as the VATS you will need a tune to turn it off. Don't even bother with a handheld programmer they are crap for what you are trying to do. Contact speartech about the tune. Or look up a programmer who is close to you and get them to put in a baseline tune and then do a dynotune once it is up and going to get everything deadnuts on.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry about the confusion I have the engine harness and the ecm ,the powertrain control module and the throttle positon controler and also the gauges from the same 2004 gto ls1 .but this motor is not drive by wire
Old 01-20-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I know what you are talking about that is the traction control module throttle relaxer. You can go ahead and relocate that to the trash can. You are going to need to find a throttle cable and cruise cable to go directly to the throttle body. I am building a 2002 6.0L s10 and found that my factory throttle and cruise cables fit the TB and bracket perfectly. They may work as well for you.

Quick Reply: 96 tacoma -04gto ls1