Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 into S13

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 into S13

Okay here it is, a friend of mine has a LS1 powered S14 and has convenced me that big cubes are the way to go.

So I've settled on the LQ4 for the 6.0L of displacement, and the lower compression than the LQ9.

I was just wondering a few things about the swap though.

1)Will the T56 bolt up to the motor or do I need a new bell housing

2)If I use LS1 accessories, will I still be able to bolt up a centrifugal blower made for the LQ4

3)can the Gen III small block handle a cam(most extreme for me being an MS3), and a blower?

4)is a dry sump oil pump the only way to take care of starving the motor of oil while drifting?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Whos your friend?

The T56 will bolt up, The LS1 accessories work but im not sure about the blower. The cam is not an issue Im running a pretty large cam. Dry sump would be better but baffles and maybe make the pane wider in the front (GTO pan) for extra oil would be fine and def ls6 ported pump.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You will need to call the Manf. of the supercharger to see if he can ship a bracket for the F-Body front. I would recommend 2 things for your setup, for sure do the dry sump. I have a 2 stage dry sump kit that includes the pump, pan, lines from pan to pump, crank hub, crank pulley and damper, all brackets and bolts to fit the pump to the engine and the correct belts for $1999.98.

I would also recommend using at least forged pistons, if not rods as well. The stock truck pistons are really only good to 550HP. And, since you will be blowing on the engine, you will be over that. I could work out a price if you are interested. You would need to rebalance your crank if you do that though.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines
You will need to call the Manf. of the supercharger to see if he can ship a bracket for the F-Body front. I would recommend 2 things for your setup, for sure do the dry sump. I have a 2 stage dry sump kit that includes the pump, pan, lines from pan to pump, crank hub, crank pulley and damper, all brackets and bolts to fit the pump to the engine and the correct belts for $1999.98.

I would also recommend using at least forged pistons, if not rods as well. The stock truck pistons are really only good to 550HP. And, since you will be blowing on the engine, you will be over that. I could work out a price if you are interested. You would need to rebalance your crank if you do that though.
I'll probably be interested in that dry sump, but it won't be this season, I'm not putting the blower on till after Oct 15th(last drift event here), then the car will be going back down for a rebuild and blower, I'm only running low boost though because I don't really want anything more routy than 550-600hp.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by LS240sx
Whos your friend?
I don't know what his SN is on here but it's LS14 on our drift board, his name is Chris Nichols

He had that blue Kouki S14 that was the "Ride of the Month" on Nico.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Yea Im friend with Chris. His car is beautiful. You should come to Bowling Green when he comes down. Hes thinking of maybe moving back to Bowling Green.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by LS240sx
Yea Im friend with Chris. His car is beautiful. You should come to Bowling Green when he comes down. Hes thinking of maybe moving back to Bowling Green.
yeah I know, he's thinking about selling his house up here and going back down. I'm definitely down for coming down there with him.

I think my friend mike will be rolling too, he's building an LQ powered s14 for drifting.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

Well my motor should be in and running this week. So come on down when you call get some time.

Quick Reply: LQ4 into S13