Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iam getting riped off

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default iam getting riped off

i started doing an ls1 swap on my 67 ss. i have everything i need but the front end to make it work. everytime i get a lil money put away some how my wife spends it, or something comes up. i just put a $1200 trans in my truck. i didnt buy this car for it to just sit, and thats what it is doing. i took the 406 out because it was to much for what iam wanting to do with this car. got good money for it, enough to get the front end. wife spent that money! so i think iam just going to sell the Ls1 and trans and all the stuff for it and just go back with a plane jane 350 just to get it back on the road. i still want that front end but just later in life i guess.. i dont know what iam going to do..
Old 01-31-2008, 05:43 PM
Teching In

I dunno dude, keep your money in a seperate account.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dont even allow the wife acces to the money. thats what my brother had to do.
im lucky, my wife knows she is not that great with money so she just lets me handle it, when she wants something, she asks if we have enough for her to get it. like the other day she said she wanted to buy some new jeans and asked if there was extra money, i told her if she could wait till friday that would be fine and she's happy.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crowdesign
I dunno dude, keep your money in a seperate account.
Or Treat her like **** untill she goes out and has an affair and mybe he'll start taking care of her financial needs LOL!!!Just kiddin No i'm not
Old 01-31-2008, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

this is why my wife and i don't share bank accounts. we each pay 50% of the bills.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

call your bank or some other place and get a seperate credit card, and get only one, for you. Use that for your project. If you have decent credit you should be able to find a credit union or even some employer's, like union companies offer decent rate credit cards.

I don't recommend the 50/50 thing. Me and my wife have seperate accounts, but we split the bills/expense's proportionally based on income. Turns out, I cover almost all bills, she covers, food, beer, gas, basically consumables.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssduane
call your bank or some other place and get a seperate credit card, and get only one, for you. Use that for your project. If you have decent credit you should be able to find a credit union or even some employer's, like union companies offer decent rate credit cards.

I don't recommend the 50/50 thing. Me and my wife have seperate accounts, but we split the bills/expense's proportionally based on income. Turns out, I cover almost all bills, she covers, food, beer, gas, basically consumables.
dont spend money you dont have

is she spending the money on stupid stuff or is it like food and electricity ... lol

i put the fear of god in my wife, i let her spend a little on whatever makes her happy but we have goals together and she knows ill have her taken out if she puts us in a spot. Just keep it fair thats my .02
Old 01-31-2008, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

sure is nice to be single when doin a project like this
Old 02-01-2008, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

Im in the same situation. Keep going or youll wish you had followed through. How about you fully explain it to the wife as they dont always understand that a guy needs an outlet. This is atleast going to help when shes in the passenger seat riding around with you enjoying the car.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ACONLP
i started doing an ls1 swap on my 67 ss. i have everything i need but the front end to make it work. everytime i get a lil money put away some how my wife spends it, or something comes up. i just put a $1200 trans in my truck. i didnt buy this car for it to just sit, and thats what it is doing. i took the 406 out because it was to much for what iam wanting to do with this car. got good money for it, enough to get the front end. wife spent that money! so i think iam just going to sell the Ls1 and trans and all the stuff for it and just go back with a plane jane 350 just to get it back on the road. i still want that front end but just later in life i guess.. i dont know what iam going to do..
You are correct if you are saying your gettng ripped off.

D.J.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 72Elkytpi
Im in the same situation. Keep going or youll wish you had followed through. How about you fully explain it to the wife as they dont always understand that a guy needs an outlet. This is atleast going to help when shes in the passenger seat riding around with you enjoying the car.
+1 Remind her that you bein out in the garage is way better than you stumblin in from the bar **** drunk at 3am after blowin all your money on booze. That usually works on my wife. Dont settle on something you dont want you wont be happy with it. HTH good luck Chris
Old 02-01-2008, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Or tell her that the money is for your car and if she spends another dime of it, then you will come home with twins and make her watch!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:41 AM
TECH Regular

Got to pay the bills first then the fun comes. put the small block in it for now. Look for a deal on the stuff you need one thing at a time. DON'T sell the LS1 or the trans. Wife will buy some curtains or some new towls for the bathroom. Small blocks are cheep to make run so through one in for the time being.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TX_Stang4lunch
dont spend money you dont have

is she spending the money on stupid stuff or is it like food and electricity ... lol

i put the fear of god in my wife, i let her spend a little on whatever makes her happy but we have goals together and she knows ill have her taken out if she puts us in a spot. Just keep it fair thats my .02

True, I didn't mean to spend money he didn't have, but if he has a seperate CC he can order form that, and put his money back on it. Paying it off after purchases
Old 02-01-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Guys, you’re doing it all wrong. I've purchased 99% of my project parts online. I just tell my wife, look honey I won this on e-bay today.

Tip to the wise: Just max the credit card out before see gets too. You win.

My spouse gave me the thumbs up to do the project. After only two days of full time in the shop she started coping an attitude. Your spending to much time in the shop and not with me. My reply was " your right honey come help me get the engine in I could use your help".
Old 02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

women are so annoying.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ACONLP
everytime i get a lil money put away some how my wife spends it, or something comes up. i just put a $1200 trans in my truck. i took the 406 out because it was to much for what iam wanting to do with this car. got good money for it, enough to get the front end. wife spent that money! ..
Only you can make the move to fix this or adjust and deal.

Originally Posted by barnat
Or Treat her like **** untill she goes out and has an affair and mybe he'll start taking care of her financial needs LOL!!!Just kiddin No i'm not

However, if you decide to sever your ties I would like to expand on what barnat has said.

In the exact words of Sam Kinison and his strategy to get rid of his woman...

Just coke out for three weeks straight, dont shave, sell the TV, be an Frickin A-hole.
Shell come up to you after three weeks, crying, saying........

"I have to leave you. siff... snifff....Your not the same man I fell in love with, all you want to do is do drugs and get high" AND SHE GOES AWAY!!! SHE LEAVES!!! IT Works!!! ITS FLAWLESS!!!! ( Sam Kinison Screaming )

and its beautiful because she feels like **** because she left you....

WHEN YOU NEEDED HER MOST!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA !!!( Sam Kinison screaming and cynical laugh )

Old 02-02-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hide all my money n my paypal account that way the rents dont know how much i really have and decided to start charging me for ****
Old 02-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

see you guy's got it all wrong you got high maintence women, my girlfriend know's where we stand with my chevelle and she wants it done so she can go for a ride and not hear me talk about it so freaking much!!! i bought like 480.00 in bolts she came home and said whats that i told her and she replied it's your money,and long as bills are paid i don't care what you spend it on. so less maintence women = actual money to spend on hobby,me happy,less drama list goes on guess each his on.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by brans72ss
see you guy's got it all wrong you got high maintence women, my girlfriend know's where we stand with my chevelle and she wants it done so she can go for a ride and not hear me talk about it so freaking much!!! i bought like 480.00 in bolts she came home and said whats that i told her and she replied it's your money,and long as bills are paid i don't care what you spend it on. so less maintence women = actual money to spend on hobby,me happy,less drama list goes on guess each his on.
does she have a sister???