Register Forgot Password?
Search

Conversions & Hybrids
LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by
Don Hardy Race Cars

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:46 PM   #21
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Arrow Fresh Picture from Carlisle

Photos by Ron McCall from Carlisle Kit show 2008
Attached Thumbnails
Superlite Coupe LS7-img_4584.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-img_4580.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-img_4573.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-img_4576.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-img_4572.jpg  

Old 05-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #22
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

Default More Pictures

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #23
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 5
Send a message via AIM to Justin00SS Send a message via Yahoo to Justin00SS

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
Justin00SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #24
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to FadedFD

Thats a cool looking car. What color are you going to spray her or do they come prepainted?
FadedFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:41 AM   #25
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 10
Send a message via AIM to Sunset'01Z

is the superlight streetable? if so that would be kick ***..
Sunset'01Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #26
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlo View Post

second pic back tires look photoshopped. They dont even look real and are waaay wider than the tires in the other shots. whats the dimensions on those bad boys anyway?

Doesnt J. Leno have something like this with an LS2?
*UPDATED 8/7/13*Ls1/6 Parts For Sale Here
TurboSmart Fuel Pressure Regulator For Sale NIB. PM for details.
Fb0dy0nly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #27
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

That is one nice kit car...

The one thing that maybe a problem is that car is so light that the TQ from a 427 LS7 will probably bring about traction issues in that sucker - even with the 12.5" wide tires on the rear. Maybe a worked over LS2/LS3 would be an advantage?
Paul Huryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:43 AM   #28
Garage is empty, add now

i currently own the yellow superlite in the pics.

it has 14.5 inch rears on it now with black ccw rims

idk what was on it in these pics but thats not what it looks like now
we have an ls7 in it with a ford gt tranny
we r about to put some new headers on it and then do a dyno and i will post what it is putting down to the wheels then.

its going to b at world of wheels in atlanta so some more pics will b taken there

if there r anymore questions let me know
dnice76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #29
On The Tree
2001 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnice76 View Post
i currently own the yellow superlite in the pics.
if there r anymore questions let me know
Cool car man. I have two questions, what are the gt transaxles going for, and what ccws did you go with?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #30
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Hello members!

My first post on this Forum.

I have a RCR SuperLite Coupe as well under construction. I am powering with a LS7 slightly modified with custom cam, springs, Jesel roller rockers, roller lifters, LS9 internal oil pump, ATI damper, ARE dry sump pan with Aviad 2-stage external pump, Accusump for pre-oiling, Peterson 3 gal tank, oil coolers for engine and transaxle, reversed FAST 102 intake with Williams 105 TB drive-by-wire mated to a Ricardo 6-speed (Ford GT) transaxle.

I've utilized this Forum for a great deal of valuable information along the way!

I'd be happy to answer any questions about the SLC, etc. The "kit" is sold as a rolling chassis, meaning it is supplied with wheels and will roll off the transport and into your shop. I opted for the wide wheel package and the car came with Titanium-colored CCWs 18x13 rear and 18x10 fronts and Pirelli P-Zeros (335's in rear). I will order a set of Forgelines for the Hoosiers when the time comes. I went with the Brembo big brake setup although the Wilwoods are more than adequate for the street and most track conditions. Yes.....you can get this thing registered for the street!

I'm currently adding RaceLogic TC. There is no ABS provision but a nice balance-bar is included in the pedal assembly. You can find a great deal of information, builds, etc., on www.GT40s.com under the RCR subforum.
Attached Thumbnails
Superlite Coupe LS7-attachment-1.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-attachment-3.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-attachment.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-brake-ducts-2.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-ls7dryfitted.jpg  

CANTDRIVE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #31
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 8

They're great lookin' cars! How do they compare the the Ultimas?

Custom Low-Mount A/C Setup For-Sale!
FastKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #32
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Hi,

I considered the FFR GTM, Ultima and RCR SLC (as well as the Mongoose) and decided on the SLC. Much of the decision-making may be influenced by what I intend to do with the car. And, style of the car was taken into consideration, albeit a very subjective component in my decision.

First off....hat's off to all of these designs!

The SLC has the most advanced design overall. It uses an aluminum monoque design, bespoke parts including billet aluminum unequal A-arms, fully adjustable suspension, designed to allow for various engine transaxle configurations, capacious interior, full roll cage standard (I have the added racing side/front components), Wilwood 6-pot brakes (I went with bigger Brembos), exceptional fit and finish of the fiberglass body components.

The FFR GTM uses C5 donor components and although they work well in the GTM they were originally designed for front engine/rear drive so you may end up changing out the A-arms, shocks, etc. The fit and finish is a challenge to all and if you can't DIY the body work (including moving rear wheel wells...not square from factory) you'll be out about $12000 to $15000 not including paint. The SLC gelcoat can be buffed and looks awesome. The FFR GTM uses a tube frame with center "backbone" and a halo bar that ends up too close to your head! It uses LSx/inverted Porsche transaxle. The G50.50 is stout enough, but others need some help to handle anything over 450HP. I actually started with an 89 Turbo Carrera G50.50 but ended up with a Ricardo GT Supercar transaxle. FFR is exploring other transaxle options, none are available to date.

The Ultima uses a tube chassis as well. It is the "oldest" design, is manufactured in the UK, uses LSx/Porsche combinations. It does use bespoke suspension parts designed for mid-engine as the SLC does. I didn't like the tube chassis, the SLC chassis is so rigid you can lift one side by jacking one corner. The Ultima has the performance track record, whereas the SLC is too new with only about 30 or so out there as yet. The GTM in it's as built configuration has no track record but there is a race team using the basic car with extensive chassis and body redesign that's doing pretty well in NASA.

So, LSx engines (but anything goes, including one rotary), choice of transaxles (most are using the Ricardo 6-speed), great options, nice slightly austere interior, great fit and finish, super chassis design, all new parts bespoke for design, great customer support, great fellow builders to bounce ideas off of, makes it the right choice for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Superlite Coupe LS7-aviaid.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-frontaccessories.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-leftside.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-rightside.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-topview.jpg  

Old 06-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #33
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

Great pix, cantdrive. You really have a well thought out and impressive build going. I saw your posts on ffcars.com . I appreciate how you state your reasoning in a non confrontational way. I'm currently building a gtm, but the SLC has my attention. The underpinnings are gorgeous. Fran is a cool guy to talk to as well. I'd like to have 1 of each in the end.
Stage7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #34
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

One of each? How about 3 of each?.....

More of my build, as well as others, can be seen on the GT40s.com site. I enjoy the technical talents of the FFR GTM guys as well as the Ultima, Viper, Planet 9 (Porsche Cayman) sites....and of course, this forum!

Apart from the great engine builder and friend, Mike Malone of MachineWorks in Greenville, Texas, I'm a one man show. So be patient! BTW, Mike wants to do more track LSx's. He did my Track Viper and it was wickedly fast. Here are a couple of photos of his shop.

I'm currently working on the Hall-Effect pickups for the RaceLogic TC at the rear spindles. I'm having one carrier bolt on each side machine-threaded internally to pass the sensor out to "see" the inner flange of the ARP wheel studs. I've sent off a custom fuel cell made by Harmon Racing Cells (CA) to Fran Hall to modify a little and test fit in one of his SLC's at the factory.
Attached Thumbnails
Superlite Coupe LS7-mainshop.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-serdi100.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-cleanroom.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-getattachment-3-.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-goldfoil.jpg  

Old 06-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #35
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now

New photos of the Superlite Coupe by Rapier Cars
Attached Thumbnails
Superlite Coupe LS7-r-photo-8.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-r-photo-1.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-r-photo-4.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-r-photo-6.jpg  
Old 06-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #36
TECH Regular
1990 Porsche 911

Trader Rating: 2

Wow. I'm in love. I'd consider selling my swap for a SLC...Beautiful. I'm diggin the red
Old 06-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #37
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Announced today on the RCR sub-forum at GT40s.com, Fran Hall is now selling the kit in Stages with the first stage set at $9995 (chassis and suspension). Also, there are a number of options to please anyone, including a more "streetable" tail section, and for guys like me, more aggressive splitters, etc.

This is a pretty good approach to building the SLC since you can concentrate on the chassis, engine installation, transaxle install and "infrastructure" before tackling the interior and exterior. This information has not been updated to the Superlite website as yet.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #38
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Just an update on my project:

I'm dry fitting the LS7/Ricardo into the chassis. I will need to change the serpentine for the lower alternator mount in order to clear the chassis upper side tube. Otherwise, the Aviaid scavenge pump clears the firewall and everything else seems OK. I got my fuel cell back from Harmon Racing and it needed a little rework from Fran Hall at RCR to clear the front chassis X-beam. He did the mods gratis, typical of Fran.
Attached Thumbnails
Superlite Coupe LS7-firstfit.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-fitrearview.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-aviadfits.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-aviaid.jpg   Superlite Coupe LS7-alternatorframe.jpg  

Old 11-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #39
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Looks good! Preparing one now. Progress photos soon...
'10 Ultima GTR - SOLD - 2200# mid-engine 564 FWHP LS7 with a UMI TB, headers from Schwartz Performance, controlled by BS3 and tuned by Kurt Urban.

Last edited by Builder; 11-15-2010 at 03:18 AM..
Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #40
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Scott,

If the Semper Fi car was yours at the 25HR, I commend you! I hope some of your technology trickles down in my direction.

I moved 330 miles from my shop so I have had a pause in the build. The good news is my new shop construction has started so maybe it will be done and my tools moved in January and I can get started again.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:35 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2008, aircraft, car, carlisle, coupe, factory, ffr, gtm, homebuilt, kit, kitcar, ls7, pictures, sale, scoops, side, superlite