Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will a truck throttle body work with an LS1 intake?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will a truck throttle body work with an LS1 intake?

I'm looking at swapping an LS1 intake, injectors, and fuel rail on a truck motor. Will the truck throttle body work with the LS1 intake or do I need the LS1 throttle body also?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure it works but you might have a slight interference with the coolant tube on the passengers side.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by nobreaks254
I'm pretty sure it works but you might have a slight interference with the coolant tube on the passengers side.
Yup, thats the only difference I've found, but you can carefully bend it. I just did that, works fine.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Yup, thats the only difference I've found, but you can carefully bend it. I just did that, works fine.
Is the coolant tube the only modification necessary? So if I have an LS1 intake, injectors, and fuel rail, will everything pretty much boltup - I plan on using truck accessories. What about the fuel injector harness - will the truck harness work with ls1 injectors?
Old 03-17-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I found the the truck TB PCV tube is longer and at a different angle than the F-body, and can interfere with the mounting of the throttle bracket. I gently tapped mine down a bit to clear. The LS1 uses a different style of injector connector, so they will not plug right in. Summit sells a cheap kit with connectors and pin, easy fix http://store.summitracing.com/partde...?part=MSD-2400

Jack
Old 03-17-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by 86SS86LS
Is the coolant tube the only modification necessary? So if I have an LS1 intake, injectors, and fuel rail, will everything pretty much boltup - I plan on using truck accessories. What about the fuel injector harness - will the truck harness work with ls1 injectors?
You'll have to modify the fuel rail slightly to get it to clear the coil packs on the drivers side, and change the connector ends for the injectors, they are different. As for using the truck accessories, your going to run into trouble with the throttlebody hitting the upper radiator hose, I've read where some people move it and get it to work, but I've never done it so I'm not positive. Also you have to move a pulley to get the belt to clear. Might try looking on the performance truck forum, there's several people there doing exactly what your doing. Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails Will a truck throttle body work with an LS1 intake?-photo0177.jpg  
Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The truck intake (at least the one from my LQ4) has PCV system line that connects to passenger side valve cover running into the intake throat, whereas on the car intake this line runs to a fitting on the TB. The truck TB did not have this fitting. Something to be aware of if it differs between years/models.

Quick Reply: Will a truck throttle body work with an LS1 intake?