Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Exhaust Division Stopped?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Edelbrock Exhaust Division Stopped?

I just spoke with a tech at Edelbrock and they said they are no longer making exhaust components? Is this true! I guess their LS Conversion kits for the first gen is no longer available and will no longer be manufactured. In addition, their entire exhaust program is cut. Anyone hear the same?
Old 03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep! Heard this about 2 months ago. Big Drag. they made nice stuff, but I guess they were cutting the fat. There shock division is gone too.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Damn, I was planning on using them for my Nova.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
Damn, I was planning on using them for my Nova.
Exactly! I was about to pull the trigger on their First gen header/plate kit and that is why I called. He even said there are no more old stock laying around. BUMMER!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

Why there exhaust? They should have stopped there suspension stuff. Most of it sucked anyways.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I found a place that has a set of the headers and plates for a first gen but now that they are discontinued I'm a little hesitant to purchase. Any thoughts? Go for it? Wait and get a different set of LS conversion headers? UGH!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

I don't see any reason not to spring on them. Just because they don't make them anymore doesn't mean they weren't a good part. You just may not get support if you have problems.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,490 Likes on 930 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
....You just may not get support if you have problems.
I don't see that happening. Edelbrock has been around for a very long time. I doubt that they are going to risk the loss of possible future business by not supporting some discontinued products. I say buy whatever is left with confidence.

Andrew
Old 03-02-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sure Edelbrock will stand behind what they sell and market.. just not going forward with any more R&D and marketing of the line.

They are well made so items IMO... I say go ahead if you can still find a set. I did use them as a model when making mine for my Nova. was not hard. I also have a set of headers for the Nova and have had them on my chevelle for the past 5+ years.
Only complain I've heard is some people saying they have seen some rusting, but nothing about fitment or welds. I've not seen any on my Chevelle in 5 years (but it is parked indoors).
Old 03-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

The company is not going anywhere and they will warranty whatever is left. I was going to go with them when I found out they were gone. My work is a dealer, but even then I couldn't get a set so I went with my Plan B.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

I'm glad to see people coming to the defense of Edelbrock. I didn't mean to discredit them in any way. When I said you may not get support, I was specifically thinking of replacement parts. I have had great support from Edelbrock in the past and I'm sure they would do everything they could to help if you had a problem. I wouldn't hestitate to buy their headers if you've found a source.

It's sad to think some good American jobs were likely lost in shuttering those facilities. That is one thing I have always respected about Edelbrock - they make their products in the USA.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm happy to see Edelbrock's overpriced junk being stopped. Their headers for third-gen Camaros were badly overpriced, especially with half the tubes being 1.5", and the other half being 1.625".
Hooker and MAC both had Edelbrock beat.
I do like Edelbrock's intakes, but they keep claiming to offer the best heads, yet they can't challenge AFR on anything except pricing.
And the B-O-P heads are all extremely overpriced. And why no Cad 500 heads?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Funny, I'm selling a surplus Edlebrock muffler and the link I sent with a description of it expired between the time I sent it and the time the other guy tried to look at it.

Looks like Jegs has already deleted all their exhaust stuff.

I don't think I have a single piece of edlebrock gear on my vehicle. Just worked out that way.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,490 Likes on 930 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Isolde
.....And why no Cad 500 heads?
Why make a product that has a limited market? It makes much more sense to focus resources on projects that have more potential volume.

Andrew

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Exhaust Division Stopped?