Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help. Planning on doing a conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need help. Planning on doing a conversion

Please help. I am working on a 92 Chevy PU stepside project for my 15yr old son. I want to put a 5.3 ls1/ls2/ls6 or something of that nature in the truck. I need to know what I need to do this. A lot of engine/salvage companies sell pull outs out of wrecked vehicles and most include the gas pedal/accessories/transmission/ecu/etc.. Can someone please help. Trying to get this done by March 30th 2009. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

I just completed my first swap. I purchased a complete pullout with every thing which in my opinion made the job very simple especailly sense I'm a greenhorn. I've seen others mixing and matching older trans etc to save a buck but for me being a beginner it was much easier just to pay a little more up front and get the entire package. Good luck with your project. It took me 6 months from start to finish.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Buy a complete and then buy our mounts and call it a happy day!

http://carshop.carshopinc.com/produc...457/C/S%202370
Old 07-17-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You 92 PU should be a fairly straight forward swap, lots of room... Question would be the SMOG requirement or not.. as well as integration with the 92 Dash and ther items.. One way would be to get a complete wreck and just transfer everything over (which would resolve both the Smog and wiring problems).

As far as the swap itself with the engine... just search and read up on it and many of your question will be answered. if not. ask away here and the people here have all of the answer. Try and ask specific or one area questions at a time.. (I don't have the time to write a book for you.. LOL).

Many of the sponsor here on this site (yes. Carshopinc is one) has complete kits or part you can buy to make your swap go without any problem. (others are S&P, BRP, ATS, etc)

As far as wiring.. The harness can be done yourself or sent to one of many of the sponsors as well as mail order tunes (either a tune or deleting of codes) for startup. Speartech and Wait4meperformance are two noted ones.

Good luck... and keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Need help. Planning on doing a conversion