Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

LG Pro's or LG street's???

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LG Pro's or LG street's???

Hi fellas. Been a part of this site for a while now. I have had my 01 Z for over a year and i am currently deployed. I have a question...im buying headers here within the next month and im lookin at the LG streets and the LG pros...from what i read, they seem to put out the same power...but IF that is the case....why in the hell would you pay an alomst $600 more for the pro's...The only thing i can figure is that maybe the pros are for bigger cubes?? Or maybe forced induction?? I dont plan on doing more to my car for a LONG while...im gettin serious with my gf and this is plenty of toys for me...Here ill list the small amount of mods i have currently waitin for install and the ones soon to be on their way (not all performance)...

Vararam Intake(own, waiting)
Corsa Extreme exhaust(own, waiting)
MSD wires(own, waiting)
B&M ripper shifter(havent bought yet)
LG headers(deciding...)
C6 ZO6R Deep dish wheels(own, wating)
gripper shifter(own, waiting)
new brake ducts(own, waiting)

I mean i could afford to buy the pros but still if i can manage the same amount of power outta the LG streets, im savin that extra money. Me in the gf are headed on vacation when i get back after all this is installed...gotta be right you know.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay the difference I believe is the streets are 1 3/4 and the pros are 1 7/8. This draws a lot of debate on which one to use. But the idea seems to be for stock cubes and N/A you want the streets. For big cube, FI, and N02 you should go for the 1 7/8. While the bigger headers provide more peak power the 1 3/4 make up for it in down low torque. At best I would think of maybe a 5 hp difference in peak power. I personally use 1 3/4 ARHs and love them.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Banned

Why dump money on new ones?

Buy used, check out corvetteforum.com in the C5 sale section.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with that. There is a lot of headers for sale right now.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

Im in the same boat. $600 is $600 and im not wanting to part with it over 5HP
Old 12-05-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If the car is not going to be a track car you could use that money else where. Perhaps a cam and underdrive pulley.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

New lg pro's are on back order for c6, just aFYI
Old 12-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

you know dixon youre right
Old 12-05-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres the scoop on Pro Series and Street series. Both are great setups btw. It all depends on what you want, now and/or later. As you stated you aren't going to open up the motor and price is a concern so I say get the Street series, they are on sale too according to the website (895 w/o cats)

Pro Series - 1 3/4 primaries, 304 stainless, 32 inch true longtubes, full 3 inch X pipe standard/included, race style merge collector for better scavenging.

Street Series - 1 3/4 longtube design, 304 stainless, 3 inch collectors, 2 1/2 system that matches stock size, stamped X pipe (2 1/2) FULLY POLISHED, and on sale.

Only about 5-10 rwhp and rwtq difference. Just keep in mind that 5-10 differnce is based on back to back testing of a stock corvette. Back to back testing on a h/c every bolt on corvette would be higher. 2 1/2" X pipe VS 3" X pipe is the obvious reason there, better flow from a 3" then a 2 1/2".

At any rate you made it clear what you want to do, and the Street series is probably the better choice based on your plans...... I hope this helped. Give Bobby or Anthony a call and tell them Doug sent ya. 1 972 429 1963

Thanks for serving our country, and be safe.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow I didn't know they both used 1 3/4 primaries. Great info thanks buddy.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dixonk
Wow I didn't know they both used 1 3/4 primaries. Great info thanks buddy.

No problem. BTW both systems are awesome sets of headers. The street series is more for the individual that wants to remain stockish, and the Pro Series has the future H/C or larger displacement person in mind.

I ran the LG Pro Longtubes on my 11.5 : 1 compression h/c all bolt on 346 and made 490 rwhp 445 rwtq. LG Motorsports has assured me that there is no need to go to a 1 7/8 header for my new 402 that they are nearing completion on. Should make about 510 rwhp and 500 rwtq.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Get a used set of Kooks 1 3/4''.... will give you the best bang for the buck across the board.

Maryland Speed has a great sale going on right now.

Let's not get into the peak hp argument....
Old 12-05-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

WOW thanks for the input fellas...lol sorry. Im workin my *** off on the flightline out here. Yea its startin to look like im def leanin towards the LG Streets
Old 12-05-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Heres the scoop on Pro Series and Street series. Both are great setups btw. It all depends on what you want, now and/or later. As you stated you aren't going to open up the motor and price is a concern so I say get the Street series, they are on sale too according to the website (895 w/o cats)

Pro Series - 1 3/4 primaries, 304 stainless, 32 inch true longtubes, full 3 inch X pipe standard/included, race style merge collector for better scavenging.

Street Series - 1 3/4 longtube design, 304 stainless, 3 inch collectors, 2 1/2 system that matches stock size, stamped X pipe (2 1/2) FULLY POLISHED, and on sale.

Only about 5-10 rwhp and rwtq difference. Just keep in mind that 5-10 differnce is based on back to back testing of a stock corvette. Back to back testing on a h/c every bolt on corvette would be higher. 2 1/2" X pipe VS 3" X pipe is the obvious reason there, better flow from a 3" then a 2 1/2".

At any rate you made it clear what you want to do, and the Street series is probably the better choice based on your plans...... I hope this helped. Give Bobby or Anthony a call and tell them Doug sent ya. 1 972 429 1963

Thanks for serving our country, and be safe.
GREAT info allngn_5!! I read your post from time to time and your very throrough when you speak. I appreciate the comment . Yea of course id like to h/c it up one day....but seriously i dont see that happenin anytime soon...if i get married...lol yea i better be thankful for what im gettin now. Again thanks to all of you
Old 12-05-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude marriage doesn't stop the modding you just have to be a little more slick with the expenses. Like me if I swap a cam I tell my wife the old one is breaking. When I ordered my stage V DTE rear end I told here that was the original replacement for my model. Besides is marriage going to stop her from buying useless **** from Macy's???
Old 12-05-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dixonk
Dude marriage doesn't stop the modding you just have to be a little more slick with the expenses. Like me if I swap a cam I tell my wife the old one is breaking. When I ordered my stage V DTE rear end I told here that was the original replacement for my model. Besides is marriage going to stop her from buying useless **** from Macy's???
lol feel ya on that man...with the gf though its victoria secret...no **** she told me she spent $275 in there!!..in one DAY!!!...lol i was like i better see ALL OF IT!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That doesn't count because she is buying that for you Sometimes I spend more money in that place then my wife. That is like disneyland for me!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Man marriage will affect your mods! my wife is wearing my twin turbo set up on her left hand! but it is totally worth it i love her.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:23 AM
TECH Addict

Lg pro's, Lg streets, or Kooks, or several other brands all make good headers. I'll never buy anything used again, too risky. I got a great deal from Tick on my Kooks and they bent over backwards to get them to me before my trip. As for marriage..... my wife cost me 153K in cash and I had to dump my house for what I owed on it. So I lost the 25K I put down on that a 2 years worth of equity. Thats what I get for going for the girls on the magazine covers in bathing suits
Old 12-06-2008, 06:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SStheBest
GREAT info allngn_5!! I read your post from time to time and your very throrough when you speak. I appreciate the comment . Yea of course id like to h/c it up one day....but seriously i dont see that happenin anytime soon...if i get married...lol yea i better be thankful for what im gettin now. Again thanks to all of you

Well thanks a lot. I am glad that my post was useful to you.

As far as doing h/c in the future, you will be very happy the way your car feels when you add the list you posted, plus the headers and possibly get her tuned to Maximize the benefit of your mods. You don't really need a tune with cai, and headers but if you aren't doing anything else I say get her done so she runs as strong as possible for what you have. On a side note, my factory tune was absolutely horrible. Bonestock I made 300/300 to the wheels. After headers and a tune 345 rwhp 345 rwtq.

Quick Reply: LG Pro's or LG street's???