Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

GM is horrible!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GM is horrible!!!!

Hey get this ****...i bought a 2009 corvette from the city chevrolet in charlotte about two months ago....i noticed that the dye on the door emergency release from the inside was pealing and the salesman said he would order me another one...so about a week later i notice the same thing on the other release on the other side, then i noticed the die rubbing off where my elbow rest on the driver side door panel...i take it to the local gm dealer in rock hill so he orders me a new door panel and the door release handles(warrany covered) he said it looked like a failed die job...when the door panel came in from gm they were solid ebony black...the ones in my car were two toned...they determined the panels were not the original factory panels that came on my car and they had been removed before that my car didnt come with two tone door panels(they are supposed to be black)He told me i needed to take it to the dealership where i bought the car from for them to fix it..(city chevrolet in charlotte nc) anyways my car has been up there for over a week and they still havnt done anything about it except give me a rental car(gm is doing an investigation. Does anyone know what the hell is up with this!!! i just bought my 3rd vette from them, a brand new 50k vette. I mean i am just mind boggled with why that interior is in my car in the first place i mean the car only had 20 miles on it when i bought it!!! And why are they dicking around about fixing it?? I mean does anyone have any ideas what i should do...All i know is i just bought a brand new vette and i have been trying to get this handles for over a month, its driving me crazy!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GM is absolutely ridiculous these days.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lo...-you-need.html

Good luck on your vette.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

yeah man...as much as i have been a gm fanatic...and boy do i love vettes...i might never buy another gm product again...im thinking about picking it up and getting it repaired myself and and be done with them. I just turned 27 years old and thats my 3rd vette....their loss!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to hear about the problems from the dealer. These dealers are ******** and don't deserve to be in business. No reason whatsoever for them taking this long. If they can read, they can read the codes on the door and know exactly what interior color the car is. The problem is in order to get stuff you want, you have to call and go there to bitch and complain!!! Good ol' corporate america at its best, f'in bullshit.

I say go there and talk to the service manager, and get pissed. That when they actually help you. Btw make sure other customers are around, the dealers hate bad publicity.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Redcorvette2000
yeah man...as much as i have been a gm fanatic...and boy do i love vettes...i might never buy another gm product again...im thinking about picking it up and getting it repaired myself and and be done with them. I just turned 27 years old and thats my 3rd vette....their loss!!!
I have my second vette right now. I will eventually have a C6, but I will NEVER buy a new performance vehicle from GM.

I will buy something out of warranty since there evidently isnt one to begin with!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well even with GM's modern problems, we still have to keep it American!!

Atleast so we can keep the www.honda-tech.com guys in their place.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so because you are having trouble with an interior panel coloring you are going to swear off GM as a whole?

sound like a spoiled brat to me..

If you want a great powertrain, suspension, and chassis.. buy a vette. If interior panels are your #1 concern, go buy a honda.

Yeah your situation sucks, but you just happened to get the short end of the straw this time... man up and just handle it
Old 09-27-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DanO
so because you are having trouble with an interior panel coloring you are going to swear off GM as a whole?

If you want a great powertrain, suspension, and chassis.. buy a vette. If interior panels are your #1 concern, go buy a honda.

Yeah your situation sucks, but you just happened to get the short end of the straw this time... man up and just handle it
When you spend that much money for a car, you shouldn't have to "man up and just handle it." If there's a problem... and there will be from time to time... the dealer should take care of it quickly and professionally.

Crappy dealer service is one reason GM is in such bad shape. I had a similar experience with my new '87 Buick Grand National. Great car, great salesman, but the service department made me never want to buy from them again. And I haven't.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Right, you should work with your dealer to sort out the issue. Posting all over the internet doesnt help...
Old 09-27-2009, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by DREAMZ28
Well even with GM's modern problems, we still have to keep it American!!

Atleast so we can keep the www.honda-tech.com guys in their place.

If you want a great powertrain, suspension, and chassis.. buy a vette.
I'm with these guys.
Go over to a BMW/Mercedes/Nissan board and see what some of those guys have to put up with...and most of them paid WAY MORE than $50k before they got shafted.
All brands have their issues.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 216 Likes on 182 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Hopefully your dealer will come through for you. We've had some warranty issues with our G8 that we bought in OK. The local dealer service dep't. here has been fantastic to work with. Hopefully you'll get the same level of satisfaction when it's all said and done.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

i will never buy an import maybe viper or gini... im not a ******.....my gf has a lexus and they treat her like god when she takes that piece of **** up there...im just posting on the internet for suggestions of what to do...YOU spend 110 thousand dollars at a dealership in less than a year and get jerked and given the runaround and see how you feel...
Old 09-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Teching In

I agree, Also you said they were not factory I believe, That makes things a bit different.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

exactly, the panels and some of the other interior are not the factory parts...i really wonder why in the hell that interior is in it in the first place.. the stock factory black would look way better anyways...The dealership acts like they dont know whats up with the car, but they do....they just dont wanna have to pay for it...dont get me wrong i love chevrolet cars, i just hate general motors at this point. If i wanted to deal with those kinda problems i would have bought a used model and saved 15k. Thats why i bought a new one so i didnt have to worry about any exterior or interior issues, i could get straight to engine mods with nothing else to worry about, quite heartbreaking...
Old 09-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Launching!

How does this surprise anyone? The only reason they're still in business is that the government bailed them out.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Redcorvette2000
exactly, the panels and some of the other interior are not the factory parts...i really wonder why in the hell that interior is in it in the first place.. the stock factory black would look way better anyways...The dealership acts like they dont know whats up with the car, but they do....they just dont wanna have to pay for it...dont get me wrong i love chevrolet cars, i just hate general motors at this point. If i wanted to deal with those kinda problems i would have bought a used model and saved 15k. Thats why i bought a new one so i didnt have to worry about any exterior or interior issues, i could get straight to engine mods with nothing else to worry about, quite heartbreaking...
You bought this car new and it has door pannels that are not from the factory?
Something is a miss.....
Old 09-27-2009, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

BRAND NEW.....maybe something happened to it at the dealership and they tried to fix it cheap...I'm clueless...
Old 09-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Teching In

From the VIN number it's very easy to tell what the car had when it came off the line. GM is doing the right thing about performing an investigation. This car could have been flooded and the dealer tried to cover it up. Perhaps the dealership went under and this car was purchased by another dealer....i.e. a long trail of dealers. If you have your original sticker it will tell you where the car was shipped after it came off the assembly line.

Give GM some credit, these things don't happen all the time and expecting to get your car fixed in a week is asking a little too much.

YOU need to call the dealership and speak to the service manager or better yet, visit them in person. Tell them you want the name and number of someone at GM that is working on this issue. I would expect within a minute or two you will get their name and number. Call them and let them know your displeasure. Posting **** like this on a forum gets you nowhere and shows little class...
Old 09-27-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

so this seems like an issue with the dealer and not with Gm. Just call GM and report the dealership and cut out the middle man if they are giving you trouble
Old 09-28-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

I have talked to the sales manager service manager all in person and gm is also working with the dealership on an investigation....my car has been at the dealership for almost two weeks already with nothing done yet...I'm pissed about lack of returned phone calls and no communication...and once again I am posting this for SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT TO DO AND WHAT MAY HAVE HAPPENED WITH MY CAR DAMM! and I have been talking to all these people for over a month...

Quick Reply: GM is horrible!!!!