Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

What should i expect from......

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What should i expect from......

Installing a Z06 ti exhaust on my stock c5 coupe? Are the gains comparable to that of a Corsa, B&B, Borla or Granetelli set up? I know the exhaust note changes slightly and the weight savings, but would it be worth it to save a few more bucks and grab one of the other systems used? Anyone have any ti dyno posts?
Old 01-27-2010, 04:56 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ti is up there with best flowing & gains for any aftermarket exhaust. You may see 2 +/- from another catback but the price per HP isnt worth it.

Tony.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

basically guys that switch out the stock ti for an aftermarket exhaust due it for sound. You may see with an aftermarket, maybe 5rwhp. The stock ti sounds tons better than the stock C5 catback. The stock ti with longtubes and no cats sounds great!
you wil be amazed as to how light the ti is. I couldn't believe it.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You won't see much power at the ground (maybe 1-2HP) but they're certainly lighter than stock by about 50%.

IMO, axle back mods are the biggest waste of money unless you're trying to change the sound of the car. Z06 Ti's sound the best to me, but as for gains, you'd be better off spending the money on headers or high flow cats. Even an x-pipe would be a better investment IMO.

Quick Reply: What should i expect from......