Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Thinking of getting a C6 Z...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking of getting a C6 Z...

The prices are falling fairly consistently I think for what the car is. I am seeing alot of them for mid to high 40k range (found a dealer in the mid 40s range). A Z has been driving all over my brain since I first read about the new C6Z. I may bite when its high 30's to low 40k range. I am in no rush but I was wondering if anyone had any information as to what to look out for or what to expect.

I am thinking of either an 06' or 07', possibly leaning towards an 07' if given enough reason to stay away from an 06'. I dont care what package it has to be honest, less bells and whistles the better for me none of that stuff interests me enough to be a deciding factor on a purchase. Any information to aide me in my journey to purchase one will be appreciated.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my advice

GET IT ASAP you won't regret it..
Old 03-26-2010, 03:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is not really a difference between '06 and '07. '08 is when the changes were made. The steering rack was changed I believe for better steering feel and the dry sump system was changed because the old version caused oil starvation and LS7 failures for the hard core track cars whose owners could push the limits of the car. Get one ASAP they are great cars but the stock tires suck. Keep an eye out I have seen a few in the high 30's and low 40's.

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting a C6 Z...