Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Newb with questions; looking at an '07

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb with questions; looking at an '07

Hi everyone, new to the forum and to the entire Corvette scene. I am a GM guy and have owned many 1960 and 1970's GM muscle cars over the years. As I grew older I got into Mustangs (ya, I know but I love them). My current Stang is going to my youngest son for his college graduation gift. It was a father son project; rust free '92 LX hatch with most mods plus a Vortech supercharger. So... I am in the market for a new toy. I want to try something different. I am looking at an '07 Corvette vert, 6MT, Z51, 3LT, most options and some mods. Mods are LS3 heads, intake, cam, Kooks long tube headers, Corsa exhaust.

Please excuse the newb questions as I know nothing about the platform and please don't beat me up for not doing a search as I figured I would just ask the experts. I will also continue to do research but I am interested to hear your comments.

My questions are:

- Are there any inherent issues with the C6's to watch out for?

- Are the mods done on the car good/bad? I talked to the owner for a short period and he isn't the one that did the mods (original owner did) so he doesn't know a lot. I didn't get a chance to ask about who tuned it or who did the mods but he did say they were "professionally" done.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 12-26-2015, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The mods seem to be just fine. 07 is one of the better years so you'll be good there as well. I would opt for an 08+ They have the ls3 engine, and tr6060.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Teching In

X2, go '08 and up
Old 12-26-2015, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Going to an '08 is getting out of my price range. This will be our forth car and I promised my better half I would pay cash for it.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:28 PM
Teching In

There has been some issue with the heads from what i remember... Check C6Z06 section on corvetteforum
Old 12-31-2015, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gregster
There has been some issue with the heads from what i remember... Check C6Z06 section on corvetteforum
Yes, thanks. If I have read correctly, that is on the ZO6 models and not the regular vettes.

Quick Reply: Newb with questions; looking at an '07