Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

How to jack up car...dumb question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to jack up car...dumb question...

Yes I know it's a dumb question. On my 240sx it was easy cause it wasn't that low to the ground and you could jack it up anywhere. My Vette is getting a fresh oil change by myself and I dunno where to jack this thing up at or if I need to remove anything. Umm...ya if anyone could help me without laughing at me that would be great.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine is lowered and I use 2 slash cut 4x4 peices of wood to drive the front wheels on and jack up by the cross member, the back dosent need to be rolled up on anything if your jack is low enough, otherwise there are two spots on each side before the fenders where a lift would jack from, you can use those also..... just remember to let the front sit just a hair lower while draining and also drain for a good hour before refilling...

btw.. lol
Old 01-11-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks haha.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its not a dumb question, I'm definately more careful with the vette than I cam with the camaro. I do the same, use 2 2x8 pieces to drive up on, then use the crossmember.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mines low. But I am able to get a floor jack, underneath the front or rear cradle. I Don't really use any wood.

At work, I jack up the rear of the car, high enough for the arms on my lift to get underneath, then I use homemade jacking pucks. Works great, and my car never sits on the body, since the pucks are about an inch thick.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Default jacking up a c5...

I actually sprung for the "lifting plates" from Mid America Designs. They really made things a whole lot easier. They pop right in the little holes on the underside of the car. I've never had any problems with 'em. Good Luck...
Old 01-29-2006, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yellowfever
I actually sprung for the "lifting plates" from Mid America Designs. They really made things a whole lot easier. They pop right in the little holes on the underside of the car. I've never had any problems with 'em. Good Luck...
WATCH OUT doing that. You have to lift at 2 points or you will tweek the frame! Cross member as said above if your using floor jack.

Quick Reply: How to jack up car...dumb question...