Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C5 Differential Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Differential Question

I'm kinda new to the C5 world...and have a simple question. I'd like to order a new differential for my car, and have great things about both the RPM Transmissions differential, and the DTE differential. My research tells me that they are pretty much the same but the RPM doesn't have the warranty that DTE does, but is less expensive. Anybody have any experience with the RPM diff?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by C5Noob
I'm kinda new to the C5 world...and have a simple question. I'd like to order a new differential for my car, and have great things about both the RPM Transmissions differential, and the DTE differential. My research tells me that they are pretty much the same but the RPM doesn't have the warranty that DTE does, but is less expensive. Anybody have any experience with the RPM diff?
PM sent
John Sr.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 PM
DBN
TECH Enthusiast

Default C5 Differential Question

You cant go wrong with either the RPM or DTE and I have had both. Both are reputable builders of quality units. I am currently running a DTE stage 5+.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:11 AM
TECH Addict

I have experience with both places...TOP KNOTCH BUSINESS'S !!! 2 of the best places out there.

I have RPM Diff with DTE replacement parts....Race them hard and they all break sooner or later.

Pitt
Old 07-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both companies are top notch and you can not got wrong with either one

Keith
Old 07-30-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

I use the DTE brace, DTE clutch pack upgrade, LPE output shafts, RPM stage 5 M6, and RPM stage 2+ differential build. I gladly recommend either of those companies. RPM does have a FAST azz turn around time also.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:14 AM
FormerVendor

Being that you can buy 2 COMPLETELY built Level III RPM differentials (New Case, L&R 300m output shafts, Carbon clutches, micropolished gears, etc etc etc) For the price of 1 DTE level V (Which is virtually identicle to the RPM Level III, minus the 600+ dollar side cover)

The choice is easy..RPM.

They have BY FAR the best customer service. They wont give you a line of bullshit about why a part broke. PLUS, they will ALWAYS treat you with respect.

The warranty is ONLY as good as the company that backs it.. Ask around about the "Warranty" you speak of.

I sell and install RPM transmissions and differentials exclusively. To me, there is no other company that comes close. I dont need no written warranty with RPM. I KNOW for a fact, if somethings wrong, they will do everything in their power to make it right. PERIOD..

Lemme know if you ned a price on an RPM Diff..
Old 08-04-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I highly recommend DTE; they know the getrag inside and out. I think as of recent there's been a bit of a backorder. So unless your car is sitting in a shop eating coin, a wait isn't all that bad.

As for warranty, get something nukeproof and you'll never have to use it. Further, on these diffs, I can't think of anything that would break, what's the worst? roasted clutch plates if you stick with clutch types?

Unless it was wheel hop related and that is a function of a whole host of other factors; tires, subframe mounts, suspension setup, etc, THEN I can see there being some broken parts. However, I don't think anyone will warranty under that.

Quick Reply: C5 Differential Question