7-7-06 Test-N-Tune Results

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Old Drag Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 7-7-06 Test-N-Tune Results

Hit the local track again this evening and made a couple of passes. The track was unusually busy. We had great air for the time of year so maybe more people came out. ~700 DA on the first pass. ~500DA on the second pass and the times reflected this better air overall tonight.

1st pass once again my car spun the MT Radials ever so slightly off the line. Rest of the pass was decent hitting the gears properly, etc. 30 minute cool down after driving to the track.

60' 1.620
330' 4.788
660' 7.501
MPH 90.228<-------Really good air for sure.

2nd pass after cooling down for an hour. My driver really put some heat in the tires and the car dead hooked off the line finally. We just can't catch a break though as a botched shift ruined what would certainly have been a mid/low 7.4x pass.

60' 1.591
330' 4.824
660' 7.568
MPH 89.700

My driver said the car was pulling so hard off the line (relatively speaking I know) that he delayed the 1-2 shift hitting the rev limiter ruining the pass. The car sort of recovered but the extra .03 @ the 60' vs the 1st pass should have been good for at least .06 by the 660'. Oh well, once again it was not to be. I hope we get all these botched passes out of the way before some
-DA air comes back around in the Fall/Winter. Then it's time to shoot for some low 11's in the 1/4 mile and see how far up the SI list my car can make it. It's also time to get busy now taking another 300+ pounds off the car. Time flies when you're having fun. More updates to follow. Thanks for reading and see you at the track.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:12 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the runs brother. When is the nasty 408 going to be ready?

Plan on doing any bracket racin anytime soon?

Coach
Old 07-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Old Drag Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 408 is looking like an over the Winter project now Coach. I just picked up a NIB FAST 90 with a new NW 90mm throttle body from a member here. I've got all the pieces now. I just need to get everything to my builder and good friend up in MI to get the ball rolling. Besides, I really want to make it into the top 20 on the SI list so I need some GREAT air to do it in. That won't happen until late November/December around here. I'm just heading to the track every week trying to get my driver as comfortable with the car as possible and try a couple of things every week. I won't get but a couple of opportunities to make the SI list so I have to make the most out of them. 1/4 mile track to darned far away.

On the bracket racing, my driver actually won the street division at the local track 2 weeks ago and went out in the 4th round last week on a .499 redlight start. The car is at least consistent running withing .05 of what it runs on the first pass every time. This is with a major league burnout on the radials though so racing is expensive with these tires. I'm doing a spool and some 4.10's in the next month or so and then I may have to switch back to some 10" Hoosier full slicks. I'd sure like to see some 7.20's out of the car with the spool, gears, tires, FAST 90/90 and about 300 more pounds out of the car. That's not too lofty of a goal as the car has some 7.40's or even possibly a 7.39999999 in her in +500 DA as it sits. Heck, it may even do the 7.2x in Summer air once the new goodies are installed. I sure hope so. Thanks for the words of encouragement as always Coach. Drag racing is an experience best shared with friends IMO. Good luck with the rest of your season.

Quick Reply: 7-7-06 Test-N-Tune Results