LS1Tech ET Records

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1Tech ET Records

Recently, I read there was a new record ET run of 7.51 191. GREAT JOB.

Any car with doors and a weight of 3,000# or more that runs any 7 second run is impressive to me.

I think this NEW record was for a stock suspensioned car? Are there any base vehicle weights for these records? As I read the responses I learned again there are many LS1Tech cars running 7's. GREAT JOB

I learned 7:43 was the record for Torque Arm F-Bodies

The Red Rocket was the 2007 Shoot Out winner in this class.

Are there any rules for the maximum mm size of Turbo?

I've read Mad Mans progress.

I've seen the three current Ohio Boys cars run.

How does a NMRA Procharger Super Street Outlaw car differ?
I've have 8 pages of their rules. Where are the rules for LS1Tech cars posted?

They, NMRA, also have Nitrous Oxide base weights to the size of the engine.
They have different mm turbo sizes related to CI and weight.
A different engine for Supercharged.
All running in the same class - Super Street Outlaw

Are there records for Nitrous Cars, or Supercharged cars here? Or are LS1Tech records only based on the suspension?

It looks like YOUR LS-1 cars are equal to NMRA Super Street Outlaw cars.

On 4/6/08 Jarrett Halfacre ran 7.478. Their top speed is 198.060.

Phil Hines ran 7:48 qualifying for the Keystone Nationals. He drives a Mustang that I've seen run.

I understand there are records.................

I know qualifying establishes a ladder if all the cars are at one event. It looks like the records here are based on the vehicles suspension..................... Is that correct?

Oh well, I haven't started a Thread recently.

- Jakes Dad
Old 07-11-2008, 06:51 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

It seems like most of the organizations have different rules , base weights, engine size/ power adder combinations for "Stock Suspension". Its hard to compare some of the times run in some less rule governed series to other race series that have more strict rules.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jake come to Bradenton in Oct. The real men will be separated from the boys in the slugfest over $15,000.00 to win.

As for records Wolfe and Wren are very fast for a mustang. WE are the fastest for a torque arm and the new bullet is in the hole.

225-343-9029
Old 07-11-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now that is a lot of questions! lol
Old 07-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned

THANKS - Caveman - To me, I don't think there aren't many real guidelines at LS1Tech, for racing. Perhaps my thinking is old school. But before I ever spent too much money on a car, I had a damn good idea what to expect from my efforts. Bracket cars were different from heads up race cars. As previously stated in my eyes any car with doors running in the 7's is impressive.

MADMAN - THANKS - for the invite. There are many events around the country worth going to. I'll look at the dates.

Jakes Dad

Last edited by gator's 99TA; 07-13-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:53 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Jake come to Bradenton in Oct. The real men will be separated from the boys in the slugfest over $15,000.00 to win.

As for records Wolfe and Wren are very fast for a mustang. WE are the fastest for a torque arm and the new bullet is in the hole.
I really look foward to the Bradenton race. It seems like everyone with a dragradial car is going to be there, it should be one of the best races of the year in all of dragracing!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned

Florida in October on a track 25' above sea level. I need to look at the rules then make an *** out of myself asking more questions.

Wow that's tempting! But besides the dog, wife, there are grandchildren, and work. I called the wife and was reminded a major college football team in Ohio plays a team from Pa that weekend. "You dumb ***, your grandson would be crushed if you went to Florida to watch drag racing over his game" Jakes Mom! OH! XXXX

Sounds like fun, be safe, enjoy, good luck, please post the results!

Jakes Dad
Old 07-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

Give us a little time, we hope to be the fastest on radial's period. Or at least we will do our best considering the size of the boots to fill...

Here are a couple of shots from the other day. The photo guy was sitting about 300 ft out!

Old 07-14-2008, 06:11 AM
FormerVendor

that is sick
Old 07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

those pics are sick, thanks for the new desktop background
Old 07-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
those pics are sick, thanks for the new desktop background

Confused - I've never seen this car, but those pictures are enough for me to understand what the car would look and sound like in person. I take it you don't get out much? Perhaps you don't live close to a drag strip? Sick to you means you like it, right?

Now think about a whole field of 7 second Drag Radial cars from all over the USA. Many different brands and different colors many different states. Each driver has drug their vehicles from home to race in this next event. All cars will be running on the same track same conditions. My experience says the lanes might be different. It's up to the crews to identify that. This event will be the closest thing to a level playing field. There will be rules but everyone knows someone will try and do something different. Trying not to get caught.

I recently again had another thread closed. I made fun of 9 folks in Ohio that got busted for drag racing in Interstate 71 near Columbus Ohio. I've street raced. But you don't race on an interstate from a dead stop. That's stupid. You're stupid if you do it, or watch it....... But your smarter if you do it and don't get caught doing it. That's the funny part.

Jakes Dad
Old 07-14-2008, 06:50 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom won the LSX Shootout in the Drag Radial class in 2007. Car looked like it had been through a war and back with the dented 1/4 panel and multi-hue door and front end

Since then she's looking good and running better! Hope you crack the .40s soon Tom (and it's still summer for crying out loud)!

Derek
Old 07-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
Confused - I've never seen this car, but those pictures are enough for me to understand what the car would look and sound like in person. I take it you don't get out much? Perhaps you don't live close to a drag strip? Sick to you means you like it, right?

Now think about a whole field of 7 second Drag Radial cars from all over the USA. Many different brands and different colors many different states. Each driver has drug their vehicles from home to race in this next event. All cars will be running on the same track same conditions. My experience says the lanes might be different. It's up to the crews to identify that. This event will be the closest thing to a level playing field. There will be rules but everyone knows someone will try and do something different. Trying not to get caught.

I recently again had another thread closed. I made fun of 9 folks in Ohio that got busted for drag racing in Interstate 71 near Columbus Ohio. I've street raced. But you don't race on an interstate from a dead stop. That's stupid. You're stupid if you do it, or watch it....... But your smarter if you do it and don't get caught doing it. That's the funny part.

Jakes Dad
Dude seriously do you smoke crack? what in the **** are you talking about?
Old 07-17-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Dude seriously do you smoke crack? what in the **** are you talking about?
LMAO!!!!!!