Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help installing front coil-over’s (Question)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help installing front coil-over’s (Question)

So ive already removed the stock shocks and springs and have my Strange coil-overs ready to go in.
As u know, the stock spring sits against the upper A-arm mount bushing; while with the Strange shocks the spring mounts on the shock itself. Just before I fit the new coil-overs back in I need to clarify some doubts;

-Is there any modification required to the upper A-arm mount bushing, or do I just put the shock rod/stud through the bushing washer and tight it down?

any tips info would be appreciated
Old 08-31-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would call Strange. More often than not, they know what they are talking about.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did you get the bearing kit to down the lower collars on the shock body easy.

are you useing stock coilds, bmr makes a lower spring cup to fit them. or you can cut/grind the stock lower mount to fit oevr the shocks. i did that, check my build thread i have some pics of the parts on my car. and a diagram on what to do the the stock lower mount to use the stock coils.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by studderin
did you get the bearing kit to down the lower collars on the shock body easy.

are you useing stock coilds, bmr makes a lower spring cup to fit them. or you can cut/grind the stock lower mount to fit oevr the shocks. i did that, check my build thread i have some pics of the parts on my car. and a diagram on what to do the the stock lower mount to use the stock coils.
yup, i did check ur thread. lot of good info in there
but no i have aftermarket 14"/2.5"ID Hypercoil springs and bolt-in drag shocks. im only worried about the upper shock mount
Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got done(literally) installing the same shocks and springs into my car...for the third time lol. No modification of anything is required. Take out the stockers, put the spring on the shock, put the top shock mount onto the new shock, put it through the upper A arm and up into the mount area and bolt them in. Hope this helps.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by second_2_none
I just got done(literally) installing the same shocks and springs into my car...for the third time lol. No modification of anything is required. Take out the stockers, put the spring on the shock, put the top shock mount onto the new shock, put it through the upper A arm and up into the mount area and bolt them in. Hope this helps.
Thats good news thanks a lot