Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with suspension setup..stock style

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with suspension setup..stock style

Made it out to the track the other night since it was the last time for awile it was going to be open. Had my tuner come out as well and do a nice little tune. Humidity was crazy high but we managed a 12.33@114 cutting consistent 1.71 short times.

Mods
-yank PY3600 stall
-longtubes
-3in duals
-ls6 intake
-3.73 gears
-koni da shocks
-26in bias plys
-Greg weld skinnies

The car has ran a best time of 12.2@112 on a 1.67 60ft
I have a set of subframes, and lower control arm brackets ready to install.

What other recommendations do you guys have to get the most out of the car...lose the front sway bar? How much can I hope to knock off my short time with the subs, brackets, new lca's and losing the front sway bar?

Any help, opinions and insight is welcome..thanks

-Garrett
Old 09-27-2010, 07:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ditching the front sway on my car made a world of difference for me. but my rear end blew up the 3rd pass into learning to launch it right so i cant really give you a reality of what it did. i know looking at it i dropped almost .08 of the 60ft in the first 2 passes and taht was on stock suspension.

im sure the subframes and lca's will make a world of difference too
Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that's a huge difference man, I'm def going to have to remove it for next time and see what happens. I thought about a torque arm but at my power level I felt it wasn't needed(350rwhp). Am I correct in assuming that or is there something to gain there as well by elimating the flex of the stock stamped steel part?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Upgrading your tq arm can never hurt. IDK if you get wheel hop or anything, but they get rid of wheel hop which can do BAAAAAAAAAD things to your car.

I dont believe the delete front sway usually nets that type of drop in 60ft. I think alot of it had to do with me just not caring about the 10 bolt and going for it. i know the car launched a **** ton harder and stayed in the air better regardless of going for it or not.