Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New radial build

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New radial build

Hey everyone, I recently totaled my gto so i picked up a 99 z28 roller that I am building to run in 275 drag radial classes, as of now i am unsure as to one class in particular that i want to run so im just going to set the car up for a drag radial car and see what it runs when its finished. I would like to be able to run in some smaller x275 or rs275 classes but i dont want to be disappointed if it isnt quite fast enough. So far here is what i have.

golen 402 stroker, Vic jr/accufab 4150/nx dual stage plate, waiting on the trans to be finished but it is a th400 with a brake, not sure what stall we are going to run yet, just picked up a moser 9 from a friend of mine and I am still waiting on some other parts to come in and figuring out what we need. The motor made around 470 through a stock manifold when it was in my gto and we will be starting out with a 200 shot on it in the new car and going from there. I plan to run afco DA's all around but honestly I am unsure as to whats the best bang for the buck on the rest of the suspension. Any input is much appreciated.

Here are the pics i have right now and will update as much as i can.
Attached Thumbnails New radial build-my-camaro.jpg   New radial build-throttle-body.jpg   New radial build-wheels-camaro.jpg   New radial build-intake.jpg  
Old 05-15-2012, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

Midwest chassis and burkhart make some good suspension pieces. Adjustability is key, AFCO DAs are a good start. Travel limiters and SYA bars are a good idea especially when launching on the juice. Good luck with the build.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We have all of the suspension parts that will work with your Moser rear. we can assist with the front and shocks as well. Give us a call and we can discuss a package that works best for you.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
We have all of the suspension parts that will work with your Moser rear. we can assist with the front and shocks as well. Give us a call and we can discuss a package that works best for you.
Yes we are a dealer for you guys but i cant mention the name on here since we arent a sponsor lol, we had planned on giving you guys a call to take care of some of the stuff I still need.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Well I got my rear end today, we are hoping to have the engine and trans in the car next weekend. Now i need to figure out which converter to go with and rear end gears. I will try to update with as many pics as possible when i get a chance which will be kind of hard because I am active duty marine so I can only work on the car on the weekends at home.