Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, some good track results!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 05:39 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Finally, some good track results!

Well, I traveled south to Palm Beach Gardens this past Saturday to pick-up my new GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab and I figured, "why not" I'll race the Formula at Moroso. Well, if I didn't love my Nova, I'd be seriously considering selling it right now!

For those keeping track, since my "championship caliber" year last year, I've proceeded to lose 6 rounds in a row, 5 of them on close red-lights (.008 or better). I finally broke that streak last week making the 2nd round before losing in the Nova. My win-loss record stood at 6-9

At Moroso, I lost in the semi-finals going .496 red to the chaser's .605 . Before that, a .512 and then 3 straight .530 lights and the car keep picking up time (probably b/c I haven't raced it since November). My new SSBC brakes worked great, especially for dumping 2 guys and closing the stripe up on my 4th round opponent. Sad thing, I have the same # of points at this track in one event that I have at Gainesville in 3 events!

Lee, great finally meeting you! Sorry you didn't have more luck with the...ugh...Honda! Hopefully you'll be back in the Camaro soon!

Derek
Old 04-26-2004, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

Derek, put the nova back on the street and race the formula. You even said yourself that last year breaking the motor in the nova was the best thing that could have happened. The nova is still a new combination, you'll get it figured out soon enough.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats on making the semi's Derek! It was great to meet you too! I swear I think we have met somewhere before. Maybe in Bradenton or Orlando perhaps. When hanging out and talking to you, you seemed so familiar =)

Yea it was tough to race the wife's little slug, 2001 Honda CRV. The poor thing was struggling to make it down the track because the VHT was holding the car down. It took every ounce of hp to make the tires roll LOL.

Did you hear the announcer say "Heres Lee McIntire in the 2001 Honda, sporting a 185ci Honda Big Block" ROFL!

Yea I went out in the first round with a .497 red light. I deep staged 1 bump too much. Its aight though I got 7 races left in the season, plenty of time to make track champion.

Lee
Old 04-27-2004, 01:41 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Derek,

Great job man!

Race the Formula. She will do ya right.

Maybe you should race the Nova at one track and the Formula at the other.

Congrats again on going some rounds Brother.

Coach
Old 04-27-2004, 05:15 PM
7 Second Club

Coach,
I'd consider it if Moroso wasn't 4 hours south! I've got 4 tracks closer than that, still felt good to go some rounds. Now the wife gets to have fun driving it

Lee,
sorry you had the misfortune of cutting the red-eye. My dad went .499 in the 4th round, and on my .496 the car moved in just a bit more than I woulda liked, but I didn't back off. 185 ci big block??? Damn, my 346 must be mountain-motor size then! I see they have new points up, you'll have plenty of time to get back in the groove. Maybe see ya at Super Chevy in g-ville??

Derek