Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone done through the floor SFCs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone done through the floor SFCs?

I am building a max-effort, stock type suspension racecar, and it currently has BMR boxed SFCs on it. I am thinking about making a duplicate of these, but instead of 2x2 tubing, making it 2x3 or 2x4 (the 2" being width, and the 3" or 4" being height) and making it come through the floor, then the rollcage and supports could be welded directly to the SFCs instead of simply plates to the floor? (Max-effort Mustangs do this all the time, as a mater of fact, SFCs like ours would be laughed at by the 8 and 9 sec stock suspension Mustang racers) Anyone done this? Or am I over-engineering the thing, and BMR boxed will be enough? FYI, my T/A is the BMR Extreme" that mounts to the SFCs.

Shawn
Old 05-16-2004, 01:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will actually be coming out with some in a couple weeks. They will be very similar to our Mustang Thru-Floor Subframes, and will allow the roll cage to mount directly on top of the subframes.

Dan
Old 05-16-2004, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool, I'll wait for, yours instead of trying to fab up my own? There is a TON of strength to be gained in swapping from a through-the-floor connector from a standard under-floor connector, isn't there?

Very cool, I'll get a set from you as soon as they are available, thanks for the response, Shawn
Old 05-16-2004, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

I have through the floor SFC's on my '94 convertible. They were custom made out of chromoly tubing. 2 of the points of my roll bar weld directly to them. The rear seat foot wells were slotted about 18" long, the tubing brought up halfway through and then seam welded. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of it with the carpet out. It's stout, though.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:41 PM
FormerVendor

They are the ultimate subframe connector. People really comment how much stiffer the car feels after they are installed. That was for mustangs, i'm sure the f-body will be much stiffer as well. Since the front and rear frames are tied together along with a majority of the floor being welded to them, it can help but be stronger, and safer. Also, when doing a cage you can place the main hoop the front bars and the angled bars from the main hoop all directly on the subframes.

We will also be doing an SFI 25.5 cage kit in the next month or so, which will be available, along with some other new products later this year.

Give me a couple weeks and check our website. As soon as we finish creating our jigs they will be available.

dan
Old 08-20-2004, 08:36 AM
FormerVendor

We have the Thru-Floor Sub-frames designed and built. I should have some photo's available in the next day or two on our website. They will start being available next week.

Check with your favorite sponsor on here about ordering.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:03 PM
9 Second Club

Dan you guys are the best for letting us get the first avalible set. We have many customers that can't wait to see the finished product.
C. J.

RPM
Real Performance Motorsports.
972-434-2151
Old 08-21-2004, 09:43 PM
FormerVendor

Your set is at the shop and can be picked up Monday.

Dan
Old 08-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

We've done a few cars with the SFC through the floor. Also my car has them. They are a lot better then what everyone is using right now. You will notice a difference and for a all out race car there is no other way.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Sweet Cheeks

PICS PICS! I need to get hooked up.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:56 AM
SSU Moderator

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/instal...thrufloor.aspx