Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wolfe 6 point cage

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolfe 6 point cage

So I recently bought a wolfe racecraft 6 point chromoly weld in cage from a friend. It has the rear bars that go through the speaker grills. I am building my 1995 z28 into an outlaw 10.5 car hopefully. Slowly but surely. I need to know if the rear bars will interfere with minitubs. I have been pulling up pictures all day from Wolfe and Google trying to see where exactly those rear plates will weld to so I know if Wolfe tubs will be able to go in. If the cage will not allow for minitubs, can I run a 10" billet specialties wheel with a 10.5 slick without doing a minitub? I have a fab9 that is narrowed 3" per side and a 4.5" backspace on my wheels. Will these fit without the tubs of I cannot do them? I have been trying to contact Wolfe, but it was the weekend when I called. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:07 PM
9 Second Club

That bar will interfere with a later mini tub install. That roll bar mounts to the stock wheel tubs. If your plan is to have a Outlaw 10.5 car, I'd reconsider your plan. You can fit a 10" wide tire and 10.5 slick in stock wheel well, but not a 10.5w which Outlaw 10.5 cars run.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Teching In

I see the difference in 10.5 and 10.5 w now. I never looked into that. Dang my bad. So maybe I should try to run 8.5w as it will still be a decent size tire, but only an 8.5 contact patch. I would eventually like to move up and run a lot more, but right now I am trying to at least build to fit into some rules so I have a direction. I am running a forged le3 383 with a 150 shot at the moment through a level 3 4l60e and the fab 9. I want to make more power and go single plane soon with a nitrous puck. I need a cage though and my friend sold me his for 350 bucks new since he never put it in his car so I couldn't beat that deal.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Teching In

The plan is to get the whole family into racing so we are doing something together and I have had racing in my life since I was little. Motorcycles, go karts, lawn mowers, flat track. So I want my kids involved in it now am am trying to build a fast stock type suspension small block nitrous f body that we can continually add to and make faster. What would everyone's recommendations be? The car is already stripped of all ps, traction controls, abs, hvac, and is just getting faster. We have been going to the track, but I want to run an actual class now.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Teching In

I would even be good with running x275 on a 275/60-15 if I can fit a 10" rim under the car with only hammer and dolly work with no mini tubs and have my fenders rolled.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Wolfe cage

Just get some different rear bars from Wolfe when you order the minitubs.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Teching In

I would but the rear bars are already tigged to the main hoop now and the welds look so beautiful I don't want to grind them off until I have to. I am looking to slowly progress through the 10's as I already have tubes to make it an 8 point and once we are beyond that I'll go to a full cage and change the rear bars, but for now I just want to be driving and racing again. I will only be making under 700 for the foreseeable future unless I come into some big money. I have parts to convert to single plane and nitrous puck once I get the car driving again and am ready to do the swap.

Quick Reply: Wolfe 6 point cage