Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://s552.photobucket.com/user/77t...6h1de.mp4.html
Old 01-25-2016, 12:12 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Front end doesn't look to lift at all, rear doesn't look to be hitting the tires..... Whole car site high enough so there's probably not a lot of down travel to even assist in weight transfer.

Front shocks/springs, and anything rod ended/heim joint style suspension will help a lot, ditch the front swaybar.

Your caltrac bars should be pointing upwards if they're not they need to be, probably need a single monoleaf drag style rear leaf if you're not already on one, good anti rollbar to keep the car level and some good double adjustable shocks will help.

Of course I would also put a set of slicks on it if you can tolerate changing the rears at the track, bias tire will recover from a slight spin and will immediately get you going a ton better.

You get the right setup on it will work with the radial tire but you need to talk to a leaf Spring caltrac guy to get it right.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:19 PM
Teching In

The motor is out and tranny will be out this week then i will put it on stands to know if the front is way over tightened, I can tell you I torqued the hell out of the shackle bolts when I had the springs re-arched last summer.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:09 AM
Teching In

Just to update a bit since I hate threads that never report back. LS9 cam helped down low but its not ideal and lost about 100 ftlbs down low. I trailered the car to thomposon ohio to a decent track and my first pass it finally hooked and went 1.8 60' 11.5 @ 119 MPH. second pass I blew the tires trying to leave the line harder.

I took the front and rear suspension completely apart and greased every bushing, added zerk fittings and loosened up the bolts till they were just touching. Put it all back together and jumped on the front suspension and still the same ****. So I think the springs that are in it are too dam stiff and not letting the front end travel at all. I jumped on the back bumper with the shocks off and smooth as butter with about a foot of travel. owiwnt
Old 12-23-2016, 03:25 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm gonna preface this post by saying that I'm just telling a funny story. Absolutely nothing against any of the help I have on my drag program and the guys who helped me along the way. You have to realize I'm just a hobby racer so, it's not like I have these guys on a payroll where they should be in the trailer pouring over data trying to work together to put together a total package tuneup.. They just enjoy coming out to help and see how their respective pieces of the puzzle are performing and knock bad cold ones while I spend money and maybe assist me with few ideas on things they see happening at the starting line.

Anyway, the story always goes something about like this:

In posts like these it always makes the think back to the few times I've been at the track with my chassis guy and engine guy at the same time. On any particular night when the track may not be prepped too good, it was always a trip to come back to the pit after a hit that would produce a time slip that everyone seemed was a sub-par list of numbers (especially in the 60'). Most of the time, you have the chassis guys saying that the chassis tune is close, we just need to dial back the power at the hit a little bit.....which always immediately results in the engine guy saying, why the **** did I build this motor for you if you're gonna cut the nuts off of it cause it won't stay planted?

All that aside, every time I have been blessed enough to have both guys there at the same time, my time slips always seem to get better throughout the day.

You can tell this is just be being bored and trying to get my post count up. Anyone else face that scenario?
Old 12-23-2016, 07:05 AM
Teching In

haha this is just a street car with a 10.99 goal and then I'm done dragging it. I would rather back half a run than risk snapping axles and trannys by getting a crazy 60'. My pockets aren't deep.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

While the cage is being installed, have them do a anti roll bar.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Old geezer- I wish I would of done more research when I installed it because once I took the front sway bar out it was a complete pile of **** on the street. This winter I'm going to get a rear sway bar installed, front springs and fix my tranny issue ( I believe converter charge pressure is too high or cooler blocked and it took out my crank thrust bearing).

Quick Reply: 12V compressor to open gate