Alternative Weldon 14000 Controller Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternative Weldon 14000 Controller Wiring

Random motor pic
The pump and controller
so I just grabbed a new Weldon DB2025 and 14000 pump controller but the wiring on the controller was cut off so I am looking to see what options I have other than the standard toggle and rotating dial that comes from Weldon. Ideally I would like something so the pumps pulse with increases according to RPM or boost. For instance cruising around from idol to 2000 RPM the PWM may be at 25% Then climb to 100% when Boost is about to kick in. I just don't like the idea of having the on off switch ..... my dumbass would forget to turn it on. I am not dead set on any particular way just want to hear what others have done for a high HP street driven car. Thanks!
Old 12-21-2016, 08:20 AM
TECH Regular

I would print out a manual for the 14000 and make a new harness for it. Sounds fishy that the harness was just cut.

I need a 14000, but I still have not picked one up. I cannot trust that it will kick on when needed, though many people have used them. The last thing I need is something else to think about when I'm about to punch it, ie: listening for the pump to get louder.

If a pump doesn't get any power, the car shuts off. But a pump on 1/2 power at WOT is a disaster. Same goes with a dual pump setup. I could never do it.

Al
Old 12-22-2016, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by T6Rocket
I would print out a manual for the 14000 and make a new harness for it. Sounds fishy that the harness was just cut.

I need a 14000, but I still have not picked one up. I cannot trust that it will kick on when needed, though many people have used them. The last thing I need is something else to think about when I'm about to punch it, ie: listening for the pump to get louder.

If a pump doesn't get any power, the car shuts off. But a pump on 1/2 power at WOT is a disaster. Same goes with a dual pump setup. I could never do it.

Al

Thanks for the comment. Nothing fishy about it, I got it from my friend and the wiring was a mess so he just cut it out of his car. Pump and controller had maybe 5-6 hours on it of street driving and with the Weldon controller he had no issues just wired in the way it says to from Weldon. You can get all new wiring off weldons site for $65 so if I don't find a way to control the pumps PWM according to rpm/load then I will just use it the way Weldon says. I have never heard of any issues on this system so why deviate from what works I guess.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Al

Also too Al I remember being in his car with the 14000 wired in and I never saw him flick or turn any switch. So I think the switch was just an override type of thing for drag only. During street driving the pump would go up, down, quiet, loud, and everywhere inbetween automatically depending on rpm. I should just try calling Weldon again.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

It does sound like a nice unit. I guess it ramps up based on maintaining a certain pressure? That is the part I am not sure about.

Al
Old 12-23-2016, 08:03 AM
Teching In

It does sound like a nice unit. I guess it ramps up based on maintaining a certain pressure? That is the part I am not sure about.

Al

Humm that would make sense to me that it adjusts the PWM according to when the PSI wants to change, so the end result is a variable PWM and steady PSI/Voltage in/out of the pump. I am going to call Weldon after the holidays and see what they have to say. Atleast just get a little clarification for my own sanity about how it works exactly.

Quick Reply: Alternative Weldon 14000 Controller Wiring