Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New best today....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New best today....

Well, to start off with, i was having a lot of little issues with the car after the TP4400 install. Car hit the rev limiter every shift, torque management was huge, KR was huge with the mufflers hitting the floorboards, etc... Well i had a group outing at Great lakes dragaway in Wisconsin. I had tried to get Speed Inc to help me tune the car. Just to raise the rev limiter and adjust shift points, etc.. But with my waiting to the last minute, i was unable to get in for them to help me. That is completely my fault. Tom, Larry, Jim, and John, and the rest of the guys did their absolute best to get me in so i could have it tuned for this weekend. For that, i owe them a great deal. But I needed my car to be tuned for today.

I called up Brian Vorphal of BV Performance and he agreed to meet me today at GLD. He took time out of his personal life to help me out. So he met me there and we played around with shift points and rev limiter and torque management as well as the CAT OVER TEMP feature on LS1edit. I thank him for his help. there is more in it as i was racing into a 20mph headwind.

I started off with a 11.998 @ 112.64 w/ a 1.70 60ft. I was still learning how to launch this car with the new converter. and that was one of the first runs of the day on the track. as the day went on, track improved greatly. after playing with shift points and the rest of the stuff, i ran a 11.822 @ 113.47 w/ a 1.623 60ft. So i was learning to launch the car a little better, and i got a mph out of it. So i was very happy. So then I decided to try a different launch technique. Well it worked...

11.740 @ 112.85 w/ a 1.56 60ft.
backed up by a
11.743 @ 113.55 w/ a 1.58 60ft.

I'm very happy. Things i still need to do, is get rid of the knock retard i'm getting from my dual exhaust hitting the floorboards. Also, i still need to purchase a ASP pulley, ported TB, and an LS6 intake. Then we can see how i do. Also need to lighten up the car. Raceweight today was 3250 w/ me in the car, and i'm 150lbs.

Thanks again Brian for helping me out!!

Chris

ALL BOLT ONS BABY!!!

<small>[ October 13, 2002, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: z28kid98 ]</small>
Old 10-13-2002, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: New best today....

Great times!! Congrats on your runs. Could you elaborate a little more on your setup? I have close to the same setup and have a 98 also. What was your launch technique?
Old 10-13-2002, 08:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: New best today....

No prob....

my mods consist of:
Hooker Long Tube headers
10" extensions off the headers into flowmaster single chambers
MTI Air lid
Yank TP4400 stall
Trans go shift kit
b&m tranny cooler
BMR sfc's
BMR lca's
LS1edit-shift points, rev limiter, TM removal, codes deleted
and then the weight reduction.

i have draglites for front and back. so 15x3.5 and 16x8 XP's in the rear with 26x11.5x16 e.t. streets. still running stock 3.23's

launch technique:
i tried stalling it up to about 2200-2500 and it would just spin to a 1.67-1.90's(1.90 was on thursday). so i lowered that to about 1500, and just matted it and it hooked better. did it two times in a row so i was pleased with that technique. will vary for you cause of track conditions. i see most people work better stalling it up to 2500. i may need more tire for that. an e.t. drag or something.

Chris