Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New best and worst!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New best and worst!

Well, it was the fastest street car shootout in Hawaii and I'd been waiting for it. I didn't qualify in the top 8 for NA-True Street class, but ran in the brackets proceeding. So, I staged with a very viable opponent who fortunately redlighted giving me round one with a NA run of 13.06 @ 104mph, on DR, with cutout closed and TR6 plugs (so much for the thought of losing power or time with them). Then the worst happened.

As I am razing one of my teammates on running her heads up spraying, she accepts and we go for round two (this was a thrown together bracket- run whomever is next to ya). I throw the bottle in, plug in the wires for the switches. I see she had been sandbagging w/ a 12.10 dial in, keeping from busting into cage grounds for now. I laugh about how she'll smoke me and dial write my dial as 12.10 also (fastest yet on juice is 12.2 hehehehe). We burnout, I took tower -slightly better for my car. Theo announcer is also laughing as he mentions we have a heads up bracket race at the lights. Cameras flash, the teams watching and the lights drop. I hit the spray, so does she. F*ck, my SES goes off and the car is falling on it's face. I had the reaction on her, but she's steadily hauling *** away. Tears form as I am worried about my precious little Z. Then it dawns on me, I did everything I wrote above, but just as I forgot to write it up there, I forgot to open the ^#% &*%$ &%@$#$ &%*$%#$ bottle S*& of a B*tch. I had to laugh as we pull into our pit area, and laugh we did. What a night. TIP: Check yo sh*t.

Charlie.