Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is it the ASR or the cruise control?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:09 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default is it the ASR or the cruise control?

the two wires that run over the intake and then into a plastic cylinder on top of the passenger front tire... what is it and how do i take it off?
Old 12-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
the two wires that run over the intake and then into a plastic cylinder on top of the passenger front tire... what is it and how do i take it off?

One is for cruise and one is for traction as I understand it. If you want to get rid of it just buy a throttle cable for your year car without traction control and run it straight to your tb. It's like 18 bucks through gm centers.

Nate
Old 12-23-2005, 07:34 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
One is for cruise and one is for traction as I understand it. If you want to get rid of it just buy a throttle cable for your year car without traction control and run it straight to your tb. It's like 18 bucks through gm centers.

Nate
can you give me a part number?
Old 12-23-2005, 08:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Part number is 12563242 for the single cable. To remove this you will need to take the cylinder off the passenger wheel well and then the control box is located in the drivers side front. To get at it you will need to take out a few 10mm bolts under the bumper cover on the drivers side. after you pull the plastic panel you will see the control box. It is held in with 4 10mm bolts.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not quite.

The traction control actuator is up front on the passenger side. Pretty obvious as it's got the throttle cable going in and out of it. The box under the bumper area on the driver side is the cruise control. Also has a cable but it's seperate from the normal throttle cable.

The computer part of the traction system is under the dash on the drivers side, up high in the corner near the front of dash.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:10 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
Part number is 12563242 for the single cable. To remove this you will need to take the cylinder off the passenger wheel well and then the control box is located in the drivers side front. To get at it you will need to take out a few 10mm bolts under the bumper cover on the drivers side. after you pull the plastic panel you will see the control box. It is held in with 4 10mm bolts.
i tried to look that number up on gm parts or on GM.com but it didnt show up... will i have to go to a dealership to find it?