Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Madman, have some more questions ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Madman, have some more questions ?

As I stated before I gonna try and make my own torque arm. I'm gonna buy some chromoloy tubing, bungs and rod ends. I want to use the plate that is already bolted to the floor for the point were the TA attaches. I want to built the TA without any slip joint like I had before. I was thinking of using some 3/8" thick plate to connect the two, so it had some way to hinge or move. I've been looking at pictures of TA and there mounting. Everyone i've seen with similar mounting to what i'd like to do has the plate or hinge mounted below the arm so that the TA pulls on it instead of pushing it (like I want to do). I would like the plate/ hinge to hang down from the plate thats already bolted to the floor, some thing similar to shackle on a leaf spring car. Do you see any problems with that? Either way the bolts receive the same amount of pressure weither pushing or pulling right? And the lower control arm keep the rear from pulling forward or backwards so the plate/hinge won't move around to much more than mounting it over the TA? I made a little drawing (looks a five year old did it but I think you'll get the idea)Thanks again for your help. KEN
Attached Thumbnails Madman, have some more questions ?-torque-arm-pic.jpg  
Old 02-19-2006, 02:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's one hell of a drawing! haha. But on another note it seems as if it would work out fine. Maybe add a couple of holes in the front part so that you'd have some height adjustment to help control how hard it'll hit
Old 02-19-2006, 02:47 PM
9 Second Club

Thats what I was thinking. Just wanted alittle reassurance from people.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:38 PM
9 Second Club

ttt .... just would like some others to agree with me and carbed4thgen before I go and make this thing.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will try to flip the bracket if you try it that way. The bracket is designed to pull against the mount not push.

225-343-9029
Old 02-20-2006, 04:30 PM
9 Second Club

Guess thats why on leaf springs the shackles are on the back, because its pulling down on the spring when power is going to the tires. Oh well back to the slip fit for me.