Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which hole for throttle cable on NW 90mm TB? And also ? about issue after 90/90.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which hole for throttle cable on NW 90mm TB? And also ? about issue after 90/90.....

Hey guys, which hole do you have the throttle cable in on the NW 90? I had it in the first hole and it felt fine, but i'm having an issue at wot, so I tried the second hole all the way at the bottom and it still closes and goes wot, but it's tight and the pedal actually feels like it moved further up to my foot, so I think I should go back to the middle one, it didn't help my wot issue, but wanna check and make sure which one too put it in, the first one is a little loose, but goes wide open and the pedal feels smoother, it gets a hard spot and doesn't feel smooth in the bottom one.

Also, anyone have any idea what would cause the car to pop out of open loop while i'm at wot? It'll be fine at first, but then go from Fuel trim cell 22 (wot) to ftc 20 and the lterms will then unlock and the o2's then fluctuate under 100 and the car feels down on power when it happens, and I can't figure it out for the life of me, i've got the part throttle tuned in pretty good, and i'm gettin the idle better, but can not figure out this wot issue!!!! No other changes other than goin to the 90/90 from ls6 and ported stock tb.

Thanks for any help guys!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

I totally forgot to let you know, my throttle cable is on the bottom hole
Old 10-02-2006, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

If you have traction control (longer cable) use the bottom hole. If not (shorter cable) then use the top hole. I have TC and had it in the top hole and the TB was only opening 60%. Check if the TB opens 100% in HPTuners or whatever program you have.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:36 PM
10 Second Club

I used the bottom hole whem I had TC/ABS, and still use the bottom hole now with no TC/ABS (single cable to the gas pedal). Double check that the TB blade is opening 100% either by using edit software or by having a friend check the blade opening while you mash the pedal. Also, if you have TC, you should have an adjustable cable.

Dan
Old 10-02-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, I don't have traction control or cruise control or anything like that, put it in the bottom hole and drove around for a day and it didn't feel right, pedal felt like it moved up closer to my foot and would get hard spots before goin wot and ****, put it back in the middle and it's perfect again, and had my fiancee sit in it and mash the pedal and made sure there was no play and there's not, so middle hole for me!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:25 AM
10 Second Club

Long as your going 100% open on the TB blade is all that matters. One hole's as good as the other, lol!

Dan