Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Racing susp. help me out

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Drag Racing susp. help me out

Wasn't sure if this belongs here or in drag racing tech, so if it fits better there move it on over...

Basically wanted to get some opinions on what to do with my suspension for a street/strip car. Right now my car is lowered and it's pissing me off. It had the eibach pro-kit on it when I bought it and it consistently scrapes my long tubes and true duals on speed bumps. It looks great, but I'm tired of that ****. I've been looking at this package of QA-1 front and rear shocks and front springs from Spohn. Considerind my car has an iron block 408, which front springs should I go with, the 275s, 300s, or 325s. I will be going with a tubular K-member and tubular a-arms in the future, but there is a lot of weight to offset.

Now on to my rear springs. I don't know what to do here. I know coilovers are great, but everytime you cahnge the height, you'd have to adjust the panhard bar correct? (I do have an adj. panhard bar btw). If so, how would I know when I have it adjusted correctly? Here's an alternative thought I had though... Just go with stock springs, or I've heard some have had success with V6 springs. Are there any alternative rear springs out there? I've searched and haven't found much. Then I could sell my adj. phb

Then lastly I'm looking at this G-Force ladder bar setup , eliminating the torque arm. I want to try something different, and considering it's good price, I'm about ready to jump all over it.

Thanks for the help,
Alex
Old 11-13-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bumpity
Old 11-13-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I've been in the same boat and I pretty much figured out off the bat that QA1's are not street friendly and prone to problems. I've figured out that stock springs are gonna be the cheapest drag race spring (especially if you still have them). Sam Strano has recommended Koni SA shocks with stock springs for street/strip performance. I'm kinda interested in seeing what Strange drag shocks are worth on the street. I sent SJM an e-mail about that but I haven't heard back yet. Haven't really read much as far as longevity on the street with them.