Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line lock not working?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Line lock not working?

I've just installed the SJM ABS delete kit over the weekend and tonight I tested it out.The linelock is clicking and I can feel the pedal move when I click it off but the car still rolls forward like its not holding the pressure . Is it possible the solenoid is bad? Anyone ever had this happen before? Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

You may have to bleed the system again. If the bias pressure is adjusted to the rear too much the fronts wont hold. Before you do anything try stepping on the brake harder before pushing the button.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

I've tried to step on it harder. I adjusted the proportion valve 3/4 out (9 turns 12turns total). Maybe I'll try backing it all the way off to see if I can get the front brakes to hold. Thanks for the quick response Wild Thing
Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've never had a solenoid bad from any of our kits...this is going back from 1996. I suppose it could be a possibility, but from history, very unlikely.

You may have air in the lines, not depressing the brake firm enough when you activate the switch...these are typically more common issues I've seen.

Give me a call tomorrow if you need more assistance.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you used a line lock before?
if not, before you turn it on press the brake pedal all the way down. next ativate the linelock. next let go off the pedal. At this point the front brakes should be locked.
If you have used a linelock before. I would check the insallation.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:50 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Agree^^ I always pump 2-3 times for max hold.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

The linelock (SLP) has been on the car for about 5 yrs now so I know it was working before the delete kit was installed. I'm thinking the linelock could be shot because the brakes work fine and none of the lines are leaking. I'll mess with it in a hour or so and let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for the help
Old 02-13-2007, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
We've never had a solenoid bad from any of our kits...this is going back from 1996. I suppose it could be a possibility, but from history, very unlikely.

You may have air in the lines, not depressing the brake firm enough when you activate the switch...these are typically more common issues I've seen.

Give me a call tomorrow if you need more assistance.
Thanks, it wasn't your linelock though, I was very happy with the quality of your kit and the installation was very smooth except for the linelock problem I'm now having.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

Do you have the line lock hooked up through your abs? If so check the abs fuse or the fuse the power wire from the line lock is going to. Try pulling your abs fuse and activating the line lock.

I bled my brakes plenty when I put my line lock on. They (brakes) still felt mushy. Then after a few trips down the road they stiffened up. Never re-bled them. Go figure.

-Mark
Old 02-13-2007, 02:19 PM
FormerVendor

Glad to hear everything else went well.

If you need a new solenoid, let me know. Since you just purchased the kit, I will only charge you the difference of the upgraded kit with the electrical kit included. This would be less then you could purchase the solenoid alone for.

You'll have to call me since we wouldn't have this listed on the website to purchase.

keep in touch.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Glad to hear everything else went well.

If you need a new solenoid, let me know. Since you just purchased the kit, I will only charge you the difference of the upgraded kit with the electrical kit included. This would be less then you could purchase the solenoid alone for.

You'll have to call me since we wouldn't have this listed on the website to purchase.

keep in touch.
Cool thanks alot Steve
Old 02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Stupid question but here goes. Did you install th solenoid upside down? That would cause what you are describing.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Do you have the line lock hooked up through your abs? If so check the abs fuse or the fuse the power wire from the line lock is going to. Try pulling your abs fuse and activating the line lock.

I bled my brakes plenty when I put my line lock on. They (brakes) still felt mushy. Then after a few trips down the road they stiffened up. Never re-bled them. Go figure.

-Mark
The linelock was hooked up through the ABS, I since deleted it. I pulled all the ABS fuses and the linelock fuse is still good. I can hear the solenoid clicking, I guess it cant hold the pressure anymore its over 4yrs old might be time for a new one.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
Stupid question but here goes. Did you install th solenoid upside down? That would cause what you are describing.
You know what you may be right. The linelock is so old that all the writing and stickers are wiped off I might of put it in upside down without even knowing , never thought of that, I'll have to check that out once the snow stops.