Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

04 ls1

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 04 ls1

I finally went down to the Dyno yesterday to tune & dyno my setup. First I did not build this car to race at the drag strip, It's a 48 Chevy FleetMaster Coupe and only weighs about 3000lbs and it's general purpose was mainly built for for cruising. The 5.7L engine & A4 trans orginally came out of a 04 GTO, I have a GM 12bolt/posi 3.73 gears, Yank SS3200 stall, Voodoo 222/228 cam, P&P throttle body, LS6 intake, Custom RamAir, Patriot Stage 2 heads, Kooks LT's and 3" mandrell exhuast with X-Pipe into Borla XS muflers and with a cheap set of short Summit glass packs as resonators. The car runs great on the street ands gets excellant fuel economy (25mpg cruising) and can lay rubber through 1st & good portion of 2nd from a dead stop. With a ladder bar setup under the rear it doesnt break the tires loose on a roll unless maybe doing less than 5mph. RWHP 333 & RWTQ 335 with what was determined to be only 62% throttle. This will be fixed! As I will also be installing this winter the Edelbrock XT manifold and 90MM throttle body.
Attached Thumbnails 04 ls1-dyno.jpg  
Old 10-21-2009, 04:59 PM

Sounds like it runs well, but the numbers don't really mean anything if you only had 62% throttle opening. Let us know how it does once it's all fixed up.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

I fixed the issue with the throttle, The car runs like a raped ape at times, there is deffinately an issue that is seriously pronounced during full throttle. The engine feels like it has gone excessively lean or drops timing and then will suddely come back. From a rolling start she will take off then loose power come back strong in first and the car will go sideways hitting second gear. Even from 4th gear and nailing it, it will downshift and loose power then all of a sudden come back. I called the Dyno guy to see if he can take a ride in this to show what is happening. I have HP Tuners but dont know a lot about it, but deffinately need to log what is happening to figure out what is going on. I have layed down over 400 at the wheels with my 67 and this car feels like it could give my 67 a real good run for the money.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Went back to the Dyno today and this time got a full pull with full throttle. Got a little more inline to what I thought I should of have. Final numbers 385RWHP and 352RWTQ But even at 60% throttle it was bad. Now I can proceed to laying in the XT manifold for a little more of that nostalgia look.
Attached Thumbnails 04 ls1-dyno2.jpg