Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

What are headers really worth? About 40rwhp it turns out..

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 08:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djfury05
Don't worry about the dyno numbers.. go to the track and get a few consistent passes and see where the trap speed is.. then we can determine if there is an issue or if its running well
Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
Dyno #s dont mean crap u need to go to the Track !!!! I Had a 02 Camaro SS A4 Bolt-on car that Dynoed 325 to the tires and ran 11.80@114 !!!
I agree, dyno queens are for bragging rights for those that don't go to the track and would rather bench race.

Take the car to the track, and then see how it performs.

Take my car for example... a stock LQ9 truck motor with an EPS cam, dyno'd only 388 rwhp through a redneck racing 4,500 stall and a TH400.

Even taking it pretty easy at the track my 2+ ton car ran 12.0@111mph... using the Wallace Racing Calculator it shows the car is making closer to 415 or so to the tire.

(Link to Calculator: http://www.wallaceracing.com/hpcalculatorquarter.php )
Old 12-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IRONFIST
You guys really think I can gain 13hp from just a lid? I'd love to hit that magic 400rwhp number but I don't know if it's possible. My engine mods are basically done at this point, there's a 75 shot of nitrous going in ( already have the kit ) and other then that I don't have any plans.
yes,i do.the OEM airbox was designed to muffle the sound of air going into the TB,not to maximize airflow.you need to let that motor breathe!with the 243s and that cam,the engine is moving a lot more air.you took care of the exhaust,now your choke point is in the intake track.put a lid on there,and port your TB.those 2 mods should net you 15 hp,easily.
and don't focus on the dyno #s too much.every dyno reads different.the track is the real dyno.

Quick Reply: What are headers really worth? About 40rwhp it turns out..