Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Had my 69 on the dyno at G-force the other day

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Had my 69 on the dyno at G-force the other day

These guys are first class, not only did they help me determine that my intercooler is the bottleneck on power but Mike also rode with me to tune in some of the driving issues with the car. Thanks guys. Jeff I can't forget you either bud!

Last edited by 69x22; 07-11-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love first gen camaros

Can you share more details on the build and how much power she put down?
Old 07-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by STAR
Love first gen camaros

Can you share more details on the build and how much power she put down?
The best pull was 704, with 15 psi DP across the intercooler. The engine is a 416 with a F1A ProCharger, trans is a T56 6 speed, ft suspension is a Art Morrison subframe, rear is a Chris Alston G-link.
Here is the build thread.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=22122
Attached Thumbnails Had my 69 on the dyno at G-force the other day-dsc06599.jpg  
Old 07-12-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've seen this car in person and it is absolutely gorgeous! Very nice attention to detail through out...

Although I will say that I would expect a lot more then 700rwhp out of an F1A at 15 psi on a 416....

Sure you were getting ALL of that 15 psi?

Its an awesome car!

Matter in fact, my buddy played around on the street with you a month or so ago with his 70 Camaro with a little 355... He said you were spinnin....
Old 07-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I've seen this car in person and it is absolutely gorgeous! Very nice attention to detail through out...

Although I will say that I would expect a lot more then 700rwhp out of an F1A at 15 psi on a 416....

Sure you were getting ALL of that 15 psi?

Its an awesome car!

Matter in fact, my buddy played around on the street with you a month or so ago with his 70 Camaro with a little 355... He said you were spinnin....
Thanks for the compliments, still working on getting the power out of it, then tires, then a trip to Baytown.
I always wandered about the beautiful stock looking vette with sticky tires on it. Judging from your quarter mile times, looks like it's dialed in pretty good!!
I tried to talk to the guy with the 70, he didn't really seem like he wanted to talk. Hes got a nice car.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My buddy Jerry owns the 70 camaro. It just has an old 355 in it right now.... We are currently building him a pretty nasty 420" SB... It should go 9.90s in street trim when its done.

From what I remember, you were using the Procharger Stg 2 bracket for a vette? Those are NOTORIOUS for belt slip. The tensioner sucks on them and not enough belt wrap. I had that bracket on my Z06 and unless I kept the belt guitar string tight, it would slip.

I bet that is where some of your power is.... An F1A has a 5.40 step up ratio so its pretty hard to turn....The belt/drive assy better be right to get full belt traction. Are you running methanol on it? Maybe you are getting some KR when its hot. Also I'm assuming you have the biggest exhaust system and best flowing mufflers on it you can get. I figure you'll make close 800 rwhp once you get it dialed in....

You'll never get that car to hook....LOL It will be hella fun though. I am building a similar combo for my Z06 as we speak...

Good luck, its a phenomenal car!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ajrothm
My buddy Jerry owns the 70 camaro. It just has an old 355 in it right now.... We are currently building him a pretty nasty 420" SB... It should go 9.90s in street trim when its done.

From what I remember, you were using the Procharger Stg 2 bracket for a vette? Those are NOTORIOUS for belt slip. The tensioner sucks on them and not enough belt wrap. I had that bracket on my Z06 and unless I kept the belt guitar string tight, it would slip.

I bet that is where some of your power is.... An F1A has a 5.40 step up ratio so its pretty hard to turn....The belt/drive assy better be right to get full belt traction. Are you running methanol on it? Maybe you are getting some KR when its hot. Also I'm assuming you have the biggest exhaust system and best flowing mufflers on it you can get. I figure you'll make close 800 rwhp once you get it dialed in....

You'll never get that car to hook....LOL It will be hella fun though. I am building a similar combo for my Z06 as we speak...

Good luck, its a phenomenal car!
I went through the belt slipping issues before, ended up installing a flip drive kit, now I have almost a full belt wrap.
I installed a gauge before the intercooler and watched it peg out a 30psi gauge on the dyno while the engine only saw 14.5psi, so with a 15psi DP across the intercooler it pretty much told us that the intercooler is defiantly a problem. I am having Bell Intercoolers build a verticle flow intercooler that should eliminate that issue. It should be around 800 to 825. Your right about hooking it but it will be fun though.
Take care
Old 07-13-2012, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

69 camaro z/28 with fikse rims... that thing wouldn't even need a motor and i would still consider that my favorite car. the gem of a motor you have in there just makes it that much better. i agree with ajrothm though that the power seems a little low for your setup, but there always seems to be little things to tweak here and there. none the less, awesome car, great power, hopefully it's a blast to drive!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RoidedSS
69 camaro z/28 with fikse rims... that thing wouldn't even need a motor and i would still consider that my favorite car. the gem of a motor you have in there just makes it that much better. i agree with ajrothm though that the power seems a little low for your setup, but there always seems to be little things to tweak here and there. none the less, awesome car, great power, hopefully it's a blast to drive!
Thanks!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Launching!

I have read about your build on Lat-G... just a beautiful car man! Love the Fikses as well, I dream to have some of those one day. But an LS3 and hopefully blower will come first (or maybe between those two if the power of the LS3 can suffice long enough LOL).
Old 07-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 6D9 Matt
I have read about your build on Lat-G... just a beautiful car man! Love the Fikses as well, I dream to have some of those one day. But an LS3 and hopefully blower will come first (or maybe between those two if the power of the LS3 can suffice long enough LOL).
Thanks, I fell in love with Fiske wheels when I saw them on "the mule" 69 Camaro.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:01 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Glad your enjoying it!

Car is pure sex!