Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

L99 104rwhp gain from H/C! LS3 94rwhp gain cam & kooks! Check out these n/a builds.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default L99 104rwhp gain from H/C! LS3 94rwhp gain cam & kooks! Check out these n/a builds.

Hey folks, happy new year! We've been staying busy at PCM of NC, many sweet builds of every caliber in the works. I wanted to share these two 545 builds from late December and their results!

First up was a near-stock 2012 LS3 (build blog here). Baselined at 376rwhp on our dynojet. We added our '545' cam, Brian Tooley Deluxe Cam Install Kit, a Rotofab intake, and Kooks full exhaust, ending up at 470rwp & 440 ft/lbs tq with GREAT driveability! The red accents the owner chose for the Roto Fab made it really pop. We also did our shorter fuel line since he wasn't going to run the engine cover any longer.

Next up was a 2010 that we had worked on before (customer build blog here). This is an L99 (automatic) car and the customer was looking for great sound and performance, but also driveability was important as well. We ditched his AFM, added our 545 cam, and had Advanced Induction port and polish the heads while they were off (might as well, right!). We also added a Yank converter to replace the tight stock stall. We were very pleased with the gains on this, 104rwhp!

A shot of the heads before they went on,

Sound clip,

Thanks for looking and hope everyone has a great 2014!

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Custom Camshafts & Valvetrain - Remote HPtuners Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Old 01-12-2014, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

103whp is amazing. If you ever come across a customer ditching their LS3\L92 heads keep me in mind Al.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kainedogg
103whp is amazing. If you ever come across a customer ditching their LS3\L92 heads keep me in mind Al.
Will do, although we usually end up selling them super quick! Works out nice when you have several heads/cam jobs lined up, sell the first set of stock heads to the next guy, and so on and so forth. Cuts down on downtime as the heads are sent out before the customer's appointment, and costs nothing as the customer is recouping the $ by selling theirs to the next in line!

Originally Posted by bozzhawg
Congrats man.

I m surprised this went unnoticed, no comments, nothing.
Yeah not a whole lot of 5th gen love here I've noticed

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Custom Camshafts & Valvetrain - Remote HPtuners Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Old 01-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Strong results!

Quick Reply: L99 104rwhp gain from H/C! LS3 94rwhp gain cam & kooks! Check out these n/a builds.