Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

+200rwhp on a TBSS with a TVS 2300!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 04:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default +200rwhp on a TBSS with a TVS 2300!

Hey all! We wrapped up this sweet build a couple weeks ago and I'm just now finding some time to post about it. This was an 06 TBSS with bolt ons and our Rob Style LS2 Cam, came in right around 400rwhp on our baseline dyno pull.

We added a Magnacharger TVS 2300, topped off with our 4" fenderwell intake. Also swapped in a set of 850cc Fuel Injector Connection injectors and an MSD boost a pump to take care of the fuel situation.

Our customer also bought our relocated pickup tube kit - so we installed that too. Just in time, as the truck was about to start leaving the line a LOT harder! This is a must for any LS2 with the TBSS pickup & pan. The stock pickup tube is in the front where it is most shallow, and TBSSs are notorious for spinning rod bearings as a result. Our pickup tube picks up in the very middle of the pan, where it is deepest. Much better design!

After the install, we picked up more than 200rwhp @ 10lbs of boost.

Here is an under hood shot also. We mounted the BAP to the battery box. We also installed one of our catch cans coming off the alternator. This is one of my prototype cans, the final ones are in production now. No major changes to it (hardware changes only).

Gauge pod turned out sweet too,

This is the Lokar one. They give you some cheesy wood screws to mount it, which we tossed in favor of nut-serts. This way you can actually remove/reinstall it easily, and it looks much better! We also threw a quick coat of paint on it so it would match the factory color.

A bit more info/pics here on the build blog - TBSS TVS 2300.

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Custom Camshafts & Valvetrain - Remote HPtuners Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Old 01-22-2014, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, or such basic mods that car is making a good amount of power! 200whp is a huge gain! I'd like to see some vids of the truck in action
Old 01-23-2014, 07:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome work, Alvin! I love that long sweeping torque curve of that TVS 2300. Geez...what a monster

Quick Reply: +200rwhp on a TBSS with a TVS 2300!