Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

does this seem right? not happy with dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does this seem right? not happy with dyno results

Greeting guys,
Bare with me, brand new to the site.

I have LS2 is a Sand Limo with PBS 4 speed sequential. I purchased the car as is, so dont know all the details.

Dyno results were: 378 RWHP 402 Trq

Engine is suppose to be LS2 stroked with Manley H rods, Manley pistons, Manley crank, Comp cam, PRC heads, LS6 intake, FAST 92 mm.

Do those HP numbers seem correct? If so, what is my next step for more HP and remain NA.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Hard to say. What are other cars putting out on the dyno? Is it know to read low?
Old 11-15-2016, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Billetboy
.....Do those HP numbers seem correct?......
Originally Posted by RealQuick
Hard to say. What are other cars putting out on the dyno? Is it know to read low?
Billetboy.....I'm gonna guys you have no idea what other cars do on that dyno. And to be honest, It's gonna be tough for us to know what your car is supposed to do since we don't 'know' that dyno.

Also....you've given us VERY little good information to go off of as it pertains to performance mods on your car. We need the following:

1. Engine displacement
2. Compression ratio
3. Cam specs
4. Head specs
5. Header specs
6. Exhaust specs

If you can't get that info, then I would suggest you drive the car and eventually take it to the track. If it drives the way you want it to drive and if it runs the times that you're gunning for......then leave it alone!

It's silly to just start throwing parts at the car when you don't really even know what you have.

KW
Old 11-16-2016, 07:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those Sand Limos/Long travels eat a ton of power through the drive train. The transaxle setup and cv angles do not lend themselves to being great chassis dyno queens. I have seen up to 220hp loss from the engine dyno to the chassis dyno here.

With that said I bet it runs pretty good in the sand. I see a lot of heads cam LS Long Travel buggies make 280-330rwhp here.

Quick Reply: does this seem right? not happy with dyno results