Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Finally finished the 6 speed conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally finished the 6 speed conversion

What a bitch it was but all ended up well. Took about a day and a half, I went with the monster stage 3 clutch and slowhawk built my t56. I love the difference and the car drives incredible. If anyone ever has a q about the swap let me know
Old 02-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Launching!

Nice job. I would love to do that to my daily driver. 6 speeds are so much better in a street car. Did you get your car onto the dyno ?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you tossed in a Tick perf master....
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Job man. I like my auto for the most part. One day I'll get a manual car to play with again.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

I still have to do a few stupid things before it hits the dyno, can't wait. And I used the stock master for now, i will switch it out eventually I was just too impatient to finish the car. I def. liked the auto but i didnt like going through tranny's every few months.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Hope you tossed in a Tick perf master....
You don't need the tick with the Monster clutch.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
You don't need the tick with the Monster clutch.
Until I hear some real feed back I treat that clutch like any other, 1st I heard about them was in the fall.

Any info on why they are better then then Spec's, GM LS7's, Zoom, Ram's of the world.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...eedback-2.html

* even like you said back in Dec, you really cant get a guage yet, any of those 2 cars put any signifigant milage or track time on it??

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 02-10-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: added link
Old 02-11-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98WsSick
What a bitch it was but all ended up well. Took about a day and a half, I went with the monster stage 3 clutch and slowhawk built my t56. I love the difference and the car drives incredible. If anyone ever has a q about the swap let me know
so you've come to the dark side. awesome dude. im hoping to catch you around town this year bro!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:57 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Until I hear some real feed back I treat that clutch like any other, 1st I heard about them was in the fall.

Any info on why they are better then then Spec's, GM LS7's, Zoom, Ram's of the world.

* even like you said back in Dec, you really cant get a guage yet, any of those 2 cars put any signifigant milage or track time on it??
It's febuary now.You think I don't have the feedback I need yet?You probly hear about 1% of what we do throughout the year.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Internet Mechanic

I doubt that. But ok.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did a fair amount of research and talked to alot of people, some that went from other clutches to the monster, and every one preferred the monster. You really cant beat it for the price and quality. Drivability is great and it will take a beating. I've driven my friends cars they have cheap ebay clutches and you can tell the difference
Old 02-11-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Omec
so you've come to the dark side. awesome dude. im hoping to catch you around town this year bro!
Ya hopefully I can see your car can't believe your probably 5 mins away tops and i have yet to see you drive around. Im in hudson every friggen day lol
Old 02-12-2009, 07:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome to the A4 -> M6 club. It really isn't as hard as it seems. Takes work, but it's so worth it.. congrats.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98WsSick
Ya hopefully I can see your car can't believe your probably 5 mins away tops and i have yet to see you drive around. Im in hudson every friggen day lol

dude i think i almost caught up w/ you back in sep. im almost 100% positive you came out of the 7-11 off of rt111 in hudson and took a right at the set of lights (following rt111 to nashua). it looked like your car and sounded sick so i figured it was you. I was about to get on it and saw hudsons finest sitting across the street lol. ever seen the blacked out pewter LT camaro w/ the decals rolling around the hudson area? who ever it is is pretty chill and usualy waves.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mssingkid
Welcome to the A4 -> M6 club. It really isn't as hard as it seems. Takes work, but it's so worth it.. congrats.
Thanks. Ya wasn't too bad hardest part was the pedals and mounting the master
Old 02-13-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Omec
dude i think i almost caught up w/ you back in sep. im almost 100% positive you came out of the 7-11 off of rt111 in hudson and took a right at the set of lights (following rt111 to nashua). it looked like your car and sounded sick so i figured it was you. I was about to get on it and saw hudsons finest sitting across the street lol. ever seen the blacked out pewter LT camaro w/ the decals rolling around the hudson area? who ever it is is pretty chill and usualy waves.
Ya that was most likely me. I go that way sometimes from Pelham through Hudson to my gf's in nashua. And yes I have seen the camaro, real nice car