Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

4th of july!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up 4th of july!!!!

Winggi baby, anyone in? there should be atleast 15-20 boats going in our group. boats of all shapes and sizes. from 15' to 50 foot, jet skis, go fast, and cruzer style etc.
should be great times.
friday after work we will be going to mysery island to watch beverly, manchester and glouchester fire works, from there back to danvers to my slip for some beers, then off to winggi in the morning. should be a great time if the weather holds out
Old 06-29-2009, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Bring your umbrella!! Nah, hopefully this god damn weather will break!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:21 PM
8 second mod

it looks ok for now. we'll see
Old 06-30-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

redneck yacht club!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Noyes, what time are things going down on friday? Is it an easy ride?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
8 second mod

im not 100% sure what time, its weather pending. im hoping to get out of work a little early, we are closed, but i have to work.
id love to be out and about and dump my boat in by like 3-5pm friday.

the ride from popes landing is about an hour, but 30-40 min is 5mph down the river. once you get out of the river its 10-20 min depending on your speed.
but yes, its a very very easy ride. i used to do it in my 8 foot infladable boat with a 6hp when i was 10 years old. just be sure your front and rear light work as we would be out till dark.

the river can get a little trickie if you dont know how to get down it, but with a jet boat you can probably go off course with no proble,. if you can get here and follow me out, you will have no problem getting back. high tide you can make it anyplace.
let me know whats up
Old 06-30-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

sounds good, the girl and i have the day off and we wanna take the boat somewhere. where can i put in? Not sure about the speed, its 17ft...i do 40-45 on gps through the lakes around here with no problem but they arent very rough..so i am not sure what it would be like in sea water. all lights work, i would love to see the fireworks from the water
Old 06-30-2009, 10:28 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by 98hardtopSS
sounds good, the girl and i have the day off and we wanna take the boat somewhere. where can i put in? Not sure about the speed, its 17ft...i do 40-45 on gps through the lakes around here with no problem but they arent very rough..so i am not sure what it would be like in sea water. all lights work, i would love to see the fireworks from the water
if you have the day off i will fill you in better thursday on a time, but plan on coming up early, get here late morning, i will leave my garage open and leave a key to my house, you guys can chill there till im out, go grab lunch, wax the boat or what not. then you can take your rig, follow me we will put them in in Danvers at popes landing you can follow me.

the ride is super easy, like i said i did it in an 8 foot boat 100 times. lol

even if the water is bad you can make the ride in no time. your only off shore 1/2 mile, and its only about 6 miles out. very easy ride.

we cruze out if the water is good, but like i said its so close that you can see it from the no wake marker.

from my moring you can see atleast 2 sets of fire works, if its a clear day you will see 4-5 without a problem!!!