Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Looking for previous car

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 07:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for previous car

I'm looking for my old car. It was a 1999 pewter Camaro (SS clone). The last I hear it ended up somewhere in North Car. If anyone has seen this car or has any details on it or the new owner please let me know!

Old 08-15-2013, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish you luck finding the car. That can always be a pretty tough task. Are you looking to buy it back or just to see what happened to it?
Old 08-15-2013, 07:36 PM
9 Second Club

Would like to buy it back if the current owner is willing to sell. I actually traded it to a guy in South Carolina for a dragster and never should have traded.

Live and learn I guess, and thanks!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess you must have had sentimental feelings about the car, considering that you probably could build another just like it. I'm going through the same of trying to track my old 5th gen Camaro to buy it back. The car meant a lot to me & I basically missed it from the day I let it go, and I haven't found a car yet that I feel could replace it. Bad part is I was only a week late to the dealer to buy it back, someone placed a deposit on the car the week before I looked into buying it back. I had hoped that it all would fall through for the buyer & allow me to get my car back but it didn't. Dealer just treated it like I had no chance at all from the start but if only the deal would fall through, no interest in seeing if I could talk the potential buyer into backing out for me or anything. It wasn't even like my Camaro was the only one on their lot, they had like 4 others. I've posted about my old car in a couple of places & am waiting to see where I get but I may be posting here soon to see where that leads to since I know there are a lot of members here from my area.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:29 AM
9 Second Club

Still looking for this car. The guy that got it from me is in Moncks Corner, SC (?) and I believe his name is Del Harwell? It has since moved to NC I believe, but I have no clue as to where or who owns it now. Any information is helpful, thanks.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish you luck, I tracked down a 98 SS I sold a while ago and was throroughly dissappointed to find out he scrapped the car after pulling the motor and trans. Literally had no reason to not sell it as a roller otherwise because the body was perfect. Werent many artic white SS made that year either and I really wanted that car back.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I wish you luck, I tracked down a 98 SS I sold a while ago and was throroughly dissappointed to find out he scrapped the car after pulling the motor and trans. Literally had no reason to not sell it as a roller otherwise because the body was perfect. Werent many artic white SS made that year either and I really wanted that car back.
That's what a lot of people do with performance cars. Buy them for the engine and trans and either scrap the rest or part it all out.

Quick Reply: Looking for previous car