Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Unf?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Unf?

does anybody on here go or have gone to UNF? i just got in for the fall 2009 term
Old 03-03-2009, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to UCF, but I visited a buddy once who went to UNF, and it seemed kind of old/dirty/rundown at least in comparison to UCF. The people mostly seemed like hippies, but I never attended any classes or anything so for all I know the curriculum could be great... Either way, congrats on getting into college! I'm sure UNF is cool. If you have any questions on college in general feel free to PM me, UCF Grad 08.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

i just went and visited there a few weeks ago and they are building alot of new things. i think they redid all of the fields and everything. its pretty nice now for a littler college
Old 03-03-2009, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

I go to UNF. Good school, nice campus. Parking can be a pain in the *** sometimes, but that's really my only complaint.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

i live up by unf have lots of friends(like this ^ asshat) that attend there nice school
Old 03-03-2009, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

Old 03-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Restricted User

my son and daughter both go there. i think its way over priced for what they offer, but its a nice campus for this area. congrats on your admittance...
Old 03-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX
my son and daughter both go there. i think its way over priced for what they offer, but its a nice campus for this area. congrats on your admittance...
On the contrary with instate tution its about the best bang for your buck university out there ( at least in the South.)

To the OP, I love it here man. Its a great school, great price, and a few great people. Parking can be a hassel, but you'll figure that out pretty quick. Just keep an eye out for all the hippies and treehuggers trying to get you to sign up for something and you should be fine
Old 03-04-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

yea i go to unf. i am actually in chemistry class while reading this.lol its alright i guess will be nice when the new buildings are finished.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Choppers
yea i go to unf. i am actually in chemistry class while reading this.lol its alright i guess will be nice when the new buildings are finished.
(In class right now as well)

I've seen your car around campus. The battery in my truck was dead this morning so I had to drive the TA up today.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I graduate in April. Been out there for a couple of years and I really like it. Actually met a few car guys out there.

Originally Posted by Count of Monte Crlo
it seemed kind of old/dirty/rundown at least in comparison to UCF. The people mostly seemed like hippies, but I never attended any classes or anything so for all I know the curriculum could be great... Either way, congrats on getting into college! I'm sure UNF is cool. If you have any questions on college in general feel free to PM me, UCF Grad 08.
Haven't encountered any hippies lol but they actually built lots of new stuff and its pretty nice out there.

Originally Posted by Skinny
I go to UNF. Good school, nice campus. Parking can be a pain in the *** sometimes, but that's really my only complaint.
This is true though
Old 03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

parking sucks. i am getting a good parking pass next semester. my uncle is the super intendent there and said he'd get my a good pass for parking. i think unf is actually pretty darn clean for how many people attend it. heck only 900 attended my high school/middle school and it was filthier than unf.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They do a pretty good job of keeping it clean. You'll always see the maintenance guys running around all over the place. The constant construction is a pain in the ***. They erradicated that whole parking lot to build the student union that seems like it is taking forever. Parking is a pain in the *** unless you have early classes. I just pull into the parking garage and there's tons of spaces.

I will say it is nice they finally connected the rest of the campus with the old lot 18. I had to park out there my freshman year and walk to class. Getting a different parking permit has saved me around 25 minutes of driving and walking time.

Overall, I think it is decent. College isn't anything people make it out to be. I just go to my classes and get the hell out of there.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

yea well. my uncle is over the construction and everything there. he said that by this summer those buildings will be complete and the next project weill begin elsewhere.lol
Old 03-05-2009, 11:21 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

I forgot, but the Jesus dudes that randomly come and insult everyone are amusing.

Sitting in the library now.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I forgot, but the Jesus dudes that randomly come and insult everyone are amusing.

Sitting in the library now.
I'm actually in the library myself

just ready for the 12th and spring break to be here
Old 03-05-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

hell yea. spring break will be awesome. and yea the preachers are a joke. they do more insulting than preaching. one insulted this girl one day about her being a ***** and she walked up to him and poured her drink on him. so freaking hilarious.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:29 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by SlowSS416
I'm actually in the library myself

just ready for the 12th and spring break to be here
I missed you by half an hour or so then.

Originally Posted by Choppers
hell yea. spring break will be awesome. and yea the preachers are a joke. they do more insulting than preaching. one insulted this girl one day about her being a ***** and she walked up to him and poured her drink on him. so freaking hilarious.
I tend to stick around for a while and just laugh. I noticed there was a new one that I hadn't seen before a couple weeks ago.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

it looked pretty clean for all of the times that i have visited. and things that i should know? where to stay away from? what to watch out for? what teachers to take?
Old 03-05-2009, 06:28 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Get a premium parking pass if your classes are early. Try and schedule your classes in a block to where you don't have an hour and a half gap in between them. That will help minimize your down time. On the teachers ratemyproffessor really helps out if you check it out. Prepare to get bent over and raped on paying for a parking permit and books.

Quick Reply: Unf?