Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Lashway

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lashway

Anyone done business with them?

Anyone have good tuners here in south FL - Palm Beach - North Miami.

Thank!
Old 05-19-2015, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

They were all the rage, for a while, then seemed to of vanished. I heard they opened up a new location, but then that was it, nothing more.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I'd recommend them... Actually they are the only ones I would ever take my car too, unless I was going to do the car myself...they built my entire motor, they communicate very well and take the time to explain every little thing they are doing! Go and talk to Erik tell him luis Nazario recommended you... He knows who I am.... Love them all
Old 05-19-2015, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They did my clutch and did a great job. Even if i have any questions about anything i call right up and they have the answers. I recommend them
Old 05-20-2015, 05:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by cancam99ss
I'd recommend them... Actually they are the only ones I would ever take my car too, unless I was going to do the car myself...they built my entire motor, they communicate very well and take the time to explain every little thing they are doing! Go and talk to Erik tell him luis Nazario recommended you... He knows who I am.... Love them all
Unless things have changed, they didn't build motors, they are built by Mike, at Total Engine Concepts, a GREAT shop.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:53 AM
TECH Resident

I've never done business with them. I have personally seen a disaster turbo build by them (12k build that needed to be entirely redone), and spoken to others who were pretty displeased with the service they received. That combined with the fact that they are far from reasonably priced are why I choose to do business elsewhere, or just do it myself as finding a trustworthy and affordable shop in general has been difficult for me so I don't really have a choice but to do things myself. They wanted to charge me $300 to simply install a cat-back exhaust a couple years back... Seriously? Cut the old one off, stick the new one up there and weld it on. $300 for less than an hours worth of work that any amateur welder could do. I had it done elsewhere for $120 and it came out great. I don't even want to think about what their pricing would be for actual extensive jobs.

On the flip side, I know they've had thousands of happy satisfied customers and they've put together some very nice, very fast cars. Despite some incidents, I'm sure they do great work as a whole. If you can afford the HEFTY pricing that they feel they are worth, then by all means I'm sure you'd have a great experience there and that your car would come out better than ever.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have gotten pretty nasty reviews. Even did my friends motor swap and did some shady things, charging him for parts they didn't put on, and tune was all off
Old 05-21-2015, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

been there. done that..... lesson learned.

go elsewhere....
Old 05-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Teching In

So give me some tuners guys, if I have to buy HP tuners my self and do it fine, but results will take time.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

They did an oil pan gasket (had to drop k member) for me years ago. Pricing was reasonable. I brought the car back to them to do a BMR xtreme anti roll bar install (required welding), price was also reasonable. No complaints here
Old 05-21-2015, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan at masport is your best bet down south.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Masport for tuning and wrenching... TEC for building and machining!
Old 05-22-2015, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

i have always heard good things from Howard at Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach. you always use my tuner, Jeremy Formato but he is in Tampa. he comes down once a month to South Florida.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
i have always heard good things from Howard at Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach. you always use my tuner, Jeremy Formato but he is in Tampa. he comes down once a month to South Florida.
Word of advice... DON'T mistake Redline Motorsports for Redline Automotive Competition Engines (R.A.C.E.), in Davie Fl; those guys at R.A.C.E., are complete idiots and will rip you off.. they did it to me, years ago!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dan isnt tuning anymore sadly. Redline or lashway. Howard is a good guy at redline
Old 05-27-2015, 01:45 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Eric treated me well always at Lashway. Installed my new 390ci.....but Josh tuned it pretty badly. 130 miles per tank of gas. Been trying to get him to fix the tune for a year now. Never calls me back. Eric would always call me back and gave Josh the messages......but nothing from Josh.

Howard at Redline will not tune cars he doesn't work on....or cars that are too old. My 1998-2002 model is too old for them and they won't dyno tune it.

So I guess I have to wait for Jeremy to come over here from Tampa......

I think Lashway might have closed....I get no answer on their phone numbers anymore.

Anyone know if they closed shop......the new shop in Oakland park...???

Old 05-27-2015, 08:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jeremy will be down in a week or two man give him a call I just did lol. AFAIK lashway is still in business.

I just went in and talked to howard the other day to tune my crate engine swap and my buddy had his bolt on car tuned there as well, so maybe its the fact you have a whole custom engine?
Old 05-27-2015, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS6427
Eric treated me well always at Lashway. Installed my new 390ci.....but Josh tuned it pretty badly. 130 miles per tank of gas. Been trying to get him to fix the tune for a year now. Never calls me back. Eric would always call me back and gave Josh the messages......but nothing from Josh.

Howard at Redline will not tune cars he doesn't work on....or cars that are too old. My 1998-2002 model is too old for them and they won't dyno tune it.

So I guess I have to wait for Jeremy to come over here from Tampa......

I think Lashway might have closed....I get no answer on their phone numbers anymore.

Anyone know if they closed shop......the new shop in Oakland park...???

This is really odd are you sure you didn't misunderstand him? A 2013 Corvette Z06 will get tuned with the same HP Tuners (or EFI live, ect. whatever their software choice is) that a 2001 LS1 Camaro would.... I don't understand how it could be "too old". That would give up a lot of customers too as I assume all C5 Vettes wouldn't be able to be tuned either then?
Old 05-27-2015, 11:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
This is really odd are you sure you didn't misunderstand him? A 2013 Corvette Z06 will get tuned with the same HP Tuners (or EFI live, ect. whatever their software choice is) that a 2001 LS1 Camaro would.... I don't understand how it could be "too old". That would give up a lot of customers too as I assume all C5 Vettes wouldn't be able to be tuned either then?
Absolutely....I called about 2 weeks ago....whoever answered (it was not Howard) asked me what I had and the year of the car. I told him 1998 T/A with a new 390ci that just has a less than perfect tune. Bad gas mileage.

He simply said sorry....we do not tune cars that old anymore. Plain and simple. He said they are only keeping up with the newer late model cars.

I was emailing Howard from the Middle East when I was there about 2 months ago about a Head/Cam swap and a dyno tune and he was saying no problem he will get me in. I will email him tonight to see whats up with just taking me in for a fresh dyno tune.......see what he says.

Maybe the person I spoke to was right....if they do the complete build they will tune it.....but since I bought my engine and had it installed they don't do it anymore.

We'll see....

Old 05-28-2015, 02:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by redbird555
Jeremy will be down in a week or two man give him a call I just did lol. AFAIK lashway is still in business.

I just went in and talked to howard the other day to tune my crate engine swap and my buddy had his bolt on car tuned there as well, so maybe its the fact you have a whole custom engine?
I leave for the Middle East again on this coming Sunday.....damn.....

I've been trying the only number I have for Jeremy with no replies for 3 weeks.

Can you PM me his phone number....?

I will be back in the USA in 4 weeks so maybe I can catch him somewhere around here again.

Quick Reply: Lashway