Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

well another way of giving to the rich

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy a house, problem solved I would really like to know if this goes through because it will be the deciding factor on whether or not I buy or rent. When is this going to get passed/turned down?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see how this would/could affect the poor but in a way it will help those that don't yet own a home and are looking to like myself. Although property taxes are't going to stop me from buying but it would help if there were't any. At the same time I'm not sure florida can afford to lose all that money this state needs alot of work in my opinion **** they need to keep property taxes and raise sales tax. I'm tired of these shitty roads everywhere I go in florida not to mention probably half the roads in this state are not even paved.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonB
I'm tired of these shitty roads everywhere I go in florida not to mention probably half the roads in this state are not even paved.
The roads you are talking about are funded by local municipalities, not by the state.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the money you pay in rent is lost. If you are paying on a house you gain equity in the property, along with the natural gain in value. Its like putting money in the bank, only you get a higher return. On top of that, all the interest you pay on your mortgage is tax deductible. Besides, around here you can buy cheaper than you can rent.

All that said, I think I would come out cheaper at the end of the year paying property tax. Now if they would go to a flat sales tax and do away with federal tax, I'm all about it.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

personally i dont buy that much stuff....but i am looking into a new house....sooooo +1
Old 04-26-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

lookin for a sale of this one and a purchase of a new one this fall, so +1
Old 04-26-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroextra
The roads you are talking about are funded by local municipalities, not by the state.
Are property taxes not paid to local municipalities? I'm pretty sure they are forgive me if I'm wrong. The state gets a percentage of the tax but most goes to local/county. Which paves/maintains the majority of roads other than state and federal roads.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JonB
Are property taxes not paid to local municipalities? I'm pretty sure they are forgive me if I'm wrong. The state gets a percentage of the tax but most goes to local/county. Which paves/maintains the majority of roads other than state and federal roads.
very true
Old 04-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Teching In

They just need to keep the home owners taxes an even low amount and don't mess with them but every 10 years that way they can concentrate on regulating other things like the insurance industry and gas prices although I was at the Cayman Islands last month and they pay $5/gallon and in Europe they pay about $8/gallon so $3.08/gallon for premium is not so bad here in Florida

Quick Reply: well another way of giving to the rich