Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Grandmother passed away and friend killed

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Grandmother passed away and friend killed

I am having a horrible week. On Wednesday I find out that my 80 year old grandmother passed away. So I packed up myself, wife two children and a family friend and went to Mobile Alabama for the funeral. 7.5 hour drive or so. Went to the funeral on Saturday. Get back to the family house around 3:30 and I hear about this:

http://www.wesh.com/news/13682366/detail.html

Karl was a friend, and he will be missed. With the complete lack of sleep from driving up there and back in the middle of the night (Thursday nigt and Saturday night). I'm exhausted and numb. Candlelight is at Longwood Police Department tomorrow and funeral is Thursday. I need a vacation from life for awhile.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,307 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

just pray and stay with your family.thats all u can do.sorry for your loss.ive been to at least 40 funerals in my life so i understand about getting numb.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pm sent
Old 07-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

hey man sorry to hear about that prayers with you keep your head up
Old 07-15-2007, 07:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about your losses. Prayer's sent!
Old 07-15-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Things happen like this and we wonder why ... who knows? Very sorry to hear of your losses. When I was 4 years old, I lost my mom in a murder-suicide plot by my grandfather. My grandfather on my dad's side put a 6-stick belt of dynamite around is waist and set it off. My mother lived for about a week until she woke up and realized how badly disconfigured her body and face were. She was a beautiful woman and at that point, I am guessing she lost the will to live and then she passed on. I accepted that as God's will and have lived my entire life with the acceptance that it's in God's hands and not mine.

I share this with you because you do have a family to be thankful for. Thye are alive, and I assume they are healthy and well. We all go through life and have similar losses as you have, recently. At these low points in life, yeah, we all need a break from life. These things happen, I believe, because God's plan in life for these loved ones have been fulfilled and he brings them home ... as he brings all of us home someday.

Of course, you can't say God on this forum, so, this will probably get deleted. I hope you get down on your knees and pray that you are blessed to have the things ou have and the loved ones you have who are still here with you.

Good luck with dealing with this. Take that break and sit down or kneeel down and take 5 minutes to hold hands with your family and pray together for the pain to be esaed and it will ... through dealing with it with the ones who hold you dear in their hearts. Time heals all wounds.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

I am sorry for your loss. But rest assured that they're both in better places.

Just remember the good times you had together and everything that made life worthwhile.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:40 AM
On The Tree

Thank you all for the kind words. I really appreciate it.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:51 AM
9 Second Club

Sorry to hear this. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

I'll keep positive thoughts and prayers with you man. Sorry for your losses.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry for for your losses, you and your family will be in my prayers.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to hear the bad news man. Death is a hard thing to deal with and understand, my advise to you would only be to not let this hold you down in your life because neither your friend or your grandmother would want their deaths to hold you down.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:23 AM
On The Tree

My condolences for your grandmother and your friend.

I wonder how they know for certain he hit a guard rail if he was the only person in the car? If he hit a guard rail though, the roadway must have been narrow at that point of impact, as usually there is a shoulder before a guard rail and they are usually the width of an average car and then some.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:15 AM
On The Tree

Thank you again for all the kind words and pm's.

Joezz28, everyday I find new evidence on the case. Last night was a candlelight vigil at Longwood. My wife went, but I did not. I stayed home like a good father and watch my two daughters. My wife was better friends and closer to Karl than I was. (They knew each other back when she was an Explorer for Longwood)

(((((WARNING-GROSS INFO AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've been warned))))))))
Anyways Karl lost control of the car for reasons unknown. Possibly some kids throwing rocks, possibly something in the road. No-one knows for sure. He hit the guardrail, head on as seen by some pictures, but slightly angled. The part of the guardrail was the beginning of the section. Kinda like this, but the guardrail was a heavier duty one than the one pictured:
This impact caused the car to rebound back onto I-4 and end up angled in the middle of the three lane interstate. The car would not restart, so he got out of the car and saw a car coming towards him. He immediately tried to get off of the interstate by running to the side. The 21 year old driving his vehicle saw the undercover squad car and switched lanes to avoid him. It was 1:30 in the morning, in a dark section of I-4, so there was no-way to see the disabled car. That was the side that Karl ran to and he didn't physically have the time to redirect himself. He was thrown 100 ft. He broke 100% of his bones, and some bones were protuding.

((((((Gross part over))))))

The good part. He died instantly.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

My condolences and prayers go out to you and your family.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Lasombra52, yeah that is very sad. Poor guy. I thought he might have just bumped or skimmed the guard rail from the side, then got out of the car while pulled over on the shoulder. The way you describe what happened is very different. Thanks for the extra info, I hope you and your wife are doing well. Of course I hope also your friend's family is doing ok.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Like I mentioned on that other board, if you need anything please dont hesitate to call. I am sorry this is happening to you. Hang in there.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"and this too shall pass"
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Quick Reply: Grandmother passed away and friend killed