Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

New hood on car, making progress with motor!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New hood on car, making progress with motor!

Ok so we got a new oil pan on the car today, got it running to make sure nothing else was wrong. It does make a nasty knock on the drivers side bank so I will have to further diagnose it! It seems to run the same as before just driving it around the nieghborhood minus the passenger rear rim being all bent and causing a slight vibration underdrive pulley is scrapping against the sway bar, ect.

Still planning on building a motor, still have to replace the k-member, power steering rack, front sway bar, get a new tranny(sixspeedsinc for the hookup), tranny crossmember, get the exhaust fixed, put on my lg control arms since it bent one of the stock ones, and whatever else depending on the engine.

My insurance is trying to cornhole me on this one saying I can buy all used parts and the estimates all three dealerships gave me were horseshit. They only want to give me a certain amount that will barely fix everything. So I'm paying out of pocket and doing heads and cam with injectors, intake manifold, tb, racetronix fuel pump, ect.

Anyways here is the new hood. This is after about 15 minutes of adjusting. Still needs to be cured, painted, and adjusted some more.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm seckss.

You guys moved the vette!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

yes its moved and you can't see but the chevelle is slowly being worked on and getting ready for new paint. It just got a new rear quarter panel on the passenger side soon to have one on the drivers side!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

looks sick man!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks on the insurance you should have NLP do a estimate for you they will hook you up with the right price that you want. if they will do it
Old 01-06-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

badass hood thats the one i'd put on my formula
Old 01-06-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks nice bro.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:39 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Digging it, nice choice!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Disturbed Bird
that sucks on the insurance you should have NLP do a estimate for you they will hook you up with the right price that you want. if they will do it
Has to be from a dealership, and I can't have any of them go over 80% of the cost of the car or it will be totalled and I really don't feel like going through the process of finding another car lol! What the estimator/adjustor did was came to my house to look at the car. Didn't bother getting under it to see where all the real damage was and took all three estimates and took the lowest price for each item from either one of the estimates and calculated that into how much they were going to give me. Then he cut the labor rate in half from 90 to 45 an hour minus my $500 deductable and I'm getting fucked right up the cornhole. I am fighting this though, we are going to try and sue the DOT lol for a small amount just to cover my driving expenses during the time the car was down and for a little bit more (i'm doing that with my brother just so i can ******* trick out the motor lol). I'm also fighting with my insurance company about the estimator not even going under the car to check out the damage. My torque arm has a big crack in it, he looked at it on the estimates and said "what the hell is a torque arm, you don't need it so I'm not gonna put it on there." Yet the dumbass gives me $700 for one wheel and a new tire when I don't even need a tire and i bought the set of rims for 400.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol. get him back to your house and show him the old pan and the pics that you show us a wile back. then start the car for him and make him listen to the ticking, tell him you need a new motor!!!!

you deff need to fight this bull **** bro!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

Looks as good as it does on my car and don't worry mine isn't painted yet either. Sucks on the insurance deal though!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

The hood looks good even un painted. I don't think I have seen that one but I like it. I went back to read about what happened with the 2nd highway robbery. I am sorry to hear about what happened. Has the tick/knock in the motor gone away at all or still pretty loud?
Old 01-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Banned

I haven't started it up since. School started again this week and I've been extremely busy at work! I need to find some time to work on it, actually I need to find a new job, working on Hondas sucks.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:20 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck with suing the DOT. I don't see you winning that one. I know they probably could have done something, but like people said in the other thread your not going to get anywhere unless it's a DOT vehicle that dropped them. On a positive note I think that hood looks pimp! Do you have any more pictures of it on the car?

Quick Reply: New hood on car, making progress with motor!