Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question about header size

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Question about header size

So I'm building a LS2 402 stroker with a Procharger F1R this winter and am looking for about 700RHWHP on the street. I know this is on the low end of what this blower is mainly used for but I want to be able to stay with an 8 rib setup and want to have USABLE power on the street... Much more than what I'm shooting for and it'll be a waste. Plus it shouldn't be too hard on parts this way either and if down the road I ever want to dial up the boost and push 1000RWHP I have the room to grow.

Anyways, I currently have QTP 1 3/4 LT's into a QTP Y pipe and LM1 with a Borla XR1 in place of the resonator.

Should I be looking into a different exhaust setup than what I have or should I just keep it?

I know that 1 7/8 or 2" primaries is what most run and suppose I could upgrade but if all I'm shooting for at the moment HP wise would the current setup work alright?

Thanks guys,

Drew
Old 10-11-2008, 05:07 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could use your 1-3/4 headers for now, heck we made over 800 rwhp with Borla shorties on this Corvette with an LS2. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40 Certainly they will become a hindrance to you down the road as you aim to make even more power, but they'll do just fine for now. Bob
Old 10-11-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
You could use your 1-3/4 headers for now, heck we made over 800 rwhp with Borla shorties on this Corvette with an LS2. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40 Certainly they will become a hindrance to you down the road as you aim to make even more power, but they'll do just fine for now. Bob
Thanks Bob! I will be calling you Monday morning to get some of this build sorted out, it's all a mess right now lol
Old 10-12-2008, 04:52 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Thanks Bob! I will be calling you Monday morning to get some of this build sorted out, it's all a mess right now lol
Sounds good, thanks. Bob

Quick Reply: Question about header size