Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Steel piping questions & where should I run the dp

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Steel piping questions & where should I run the dp

I've came to another conclusion,

But having a difficult time figuring this out in my head. How much steel & bends should I expect to buy to have enough for the hot side & downpipe?? And where is a great place to buy 304 stainless steel? Will be MIG welded, 18 gauge I suppose?

My intentions are to either have a 6.0 truck manifold setup (w/o ac) or use a different manifold & go underneath the k member (to keep ac); both will have a t4 76mm turbo in the battery location to keep the stock radiator which eventually down the road I'll upgrade. And also any ideas on where to run the downpipe? I'm afraid I should invest the $500 into the turbo k member if I keep ac, since my room will be limited with both the downpipe & passenger side crossover pipe down below. If I have room, great, but if not I'd just rather go without a/c to keep the stock k member. Also, I don't need a giant 4" or 5" downpipe.

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Launching!

mine is kinda like that with the pipe going under the crossmember. if i remember correctly i used 2 2.5" j-bends bends but my turbo sits where the a/c did so youll prolly need 3+ to get where you wanna go.

Check your local exhaust supplier, thats where the best deals on stainless bends were when i did mine, just ask a muffler shop where they get thier pipe and call that company.

the turbo k member is a pretty nice option, i didnt end up using the space they left for my downpipe but if i ever change it up i think i will. if you get rid of ac you can put the turbo where mine is and run the downpipe the same ( you can get a 3 inch pipe through there with the stock k member)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...uild-pics.html
Old 03-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Teching In

isnt stainless gonna be a little hard to weld with a MIG?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crf538
mine is kinda like that with the pipe going under the crossmember. if i remember correctly i used 2 2.5" j-bends bends but my turbo sits where the a/c did so youll prolly need 3+ to get where you wanna go.

Check your local exhaust supplier, thats where the best deals on stainless bends were when i did mine, just ask a muffler shop where they get thier pipe and call that company.

the turbo k member is a pretty nice option, i didnt end up using the space they left for my downpipe but if i ever change it up i think i will. if you get rid of ac you can put the turbo where mine is and run the downpipe the same ( you can get a 3 inch pipe through there with the stock k member)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...uild-pics.html
cool dude! I like your build! have you got any pictures of your ground clearance, like from the side of the car? and that air-water intercooler, where did you pick it up at?? thanks!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey candlelit wuts up, i think you had bought some stuff off me a while back - i pretty sure i have stainless bends if you need them. Shoot me a PM and ill get you what you need (im assuming all you'll need is a variety of 2.5" and 3" bends if you stay with one of the bigger T4 turbos, ill wait for your pm, Thanks
- Albert
Old 03-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Launching!

intercooler= ebay pm me if you want more info
its worked great so far, all i have is a 2.5 gallon tank(you can see it in the pics) and no heat exchanger. the warmest intake temp i had was 5 degrees under ambient (meth and only 7 psi)

i dont have any pics with the car on the ground but the only thing i ever had scrape was the bolt on the v-band clamp cause i had it pointing down and was too lazy to turn it.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fenix999
hey candlelit wuts up, i think you had bought some stuff off me a while back - i pretty sure i have stainless bends if you need them. Shoot me a PM and ill get you what you need (im assuming all you'll need is a variety of 2.5" and 3" bends if you stay with one of the bigger T4 turbos, ill wait for your pm, Thanks
- Albert
Hey Albert. I actually haven't bought anything from ya but we talked a little about the turbo kits you build to keep the a/c. I'll get in touch with you once I have the funds & ready to buy some materials. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by crf538
intercooler= ebay pm me if you want more info
its worked great so far, all i have is a 2.5 gallon tank(you can see it in the pics) and no heat exchanger. the warmest intake temp i had was 5 degrees under ambient (meth and only 7 psi)

i dont have any pics with the car on the ground but the only thing i ever had scrape was the bolt on the v-band clamp cause i had it pointing down and was too lazy to turn it.
glad to hear that ebay a2w ic is working out for ya. did I read over on one of your threads your rear end went out? man, that sucks!!

Quick Reply: Steel piping questions & where should I run the dp