Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Best Chemical cooling agent

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 06:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Chemical cooling agent

Not sure what my options are but am running alky control and was looking around for the best place to buy 5 gallons or more in bulk. Also what is the best agent to use with the system.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:44 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
Not sure what my options are but am running alky control and was looking around for the best place to buy 5 gallons or more in bulk. Also what is the best agent to use with the system.
I will tell you from our past. DO NOT USE ANYTHING BUT MEDICAL GRADE. You will see alky cheap but most of the time it is washed is the term they use. They use it to wash truck tanks barge tanks and such then filter it and resale it. The chemicals are most of the times still in the alky. VP fuel is what we use but there is a place in memphis that will sale medical it in bulk but 500 gal in minimun purchase . Check in your area and see if there is any tractor pullers they are way more **** when it comes to there fuel than most bracket racers.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

VP M1 methanol in a 5 gal. can. $35/5gal is what it goes for around here..Find a local hot rod/drag race shop, they should have some..

Quick Reply: Best Chemical cooling agent